Help: Looking for Stainless Steel Nylon Insert Metric Wing Nuts

SMS

Guest
I have a project where I need some Stainless Steel Nylon Insert Metric
Wing Nuts. The English versions are easy to find, but I can't find any
supplier that sells metric nylon insert locking wing nuts. Anyone have
any leads? I've tried McMaster, Bolt Depot, and Mr. Metric. I don't mind
buying them from outside the U.S..

SMS said:
I ... need some Stainless Steel Nylon Insert Metric
Wing Nuts...
Nylock wing nuts? Wing nuts means ease of assembly/dissasembly, but nylock loses reliability quickly with re-use. Makes it a bit contradictory.

I haven't checked their inventory yet, so I don't know if they have what you're looking for. But they've always been able to help me out:Sifvert

On Feb 6, 5:48 pm, SMS <[email protected]> wrote:
> I have a project where I need some Stainless Steel Nylon Insert Metric
> Wing Nuts. The English versions are easy to find, but I can't find any
> supplier that sells metric nylon insert locking wing nuts. Anyone have
> any leads? I've tried McMaster, Bolt Depot, and Mr. Metric. I don't mind
> buying them from outside the U.S..

see any 5/16th's nylon sheet metal screws?

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 05:53:49 -0800 (PST), datakoll <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Feb 6, 5:48 pm, SMS <[email protected]> wrote:
>> I have a project where I need some Stainless Steel Nylon Insert Metric
>> Wing Nuts. The English versions are easy to find, but I can't find any
>> supplier that sells metric nylon insert locking wing nuts. Anyone have
>> any leads? I've tried McMaster, Bolt Depot, and Mr. Metric. I don't mind
>> buying them from outside the U.S..

>see any 5/16th's nylon sheet metal screws?

Those screws go with the metric-left-handed screwdriver right????

On Feb 7, 12:05 pm, Harry Brogan <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 05:53:49 -0800 (PST), datakoll <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >On Feb 6, 5:48 pm, SMS <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> I have a project where I need some Stainless Steel Nylon Insert Metric
> >> Wing Nuts. The English versions are easy to find, but I can't find any
> >> supplier that sells metric nylon insert locking wing nuts. Anyone have
> >> any leads? I've tried McMaster, Bolt Depot, and Mr. Metric. I don't mind
> >> buying them from outside the U.S..

> >see any 5/16th's nylon sheet metal screws?

> Those screws go with the metric-left-handed screwdriver right????

replaces ? FORD push pins.
at http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/productIndex.shtml

SMS wrote:

> I have a project where I need some Stainless Steel Nylon Insert Metric
> Wing Nuts. The English versions are easy to find, but I can't find any
> supplier that sells metric nylon insert locking wing nuts. Anyone have
> any leads? I've tried McMaster, Bolt Depot, and Mr. Metric. I don't mind
> buying them from outside the U.S..

I've never seen a nylon insert wing nut, and I have seen a _lot_ of
fasteners in my day.

Perhaps you could get a press-on nut knob and stick a nylock nut in
it?

Chalo

DT's red locktite spoke thread/nipple compound might do the trick for
a wing nut and cheaper than a box.