help making glove mirror

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Chris Crawford, Feb 13, 2003.

  1. Hi All - one of the more mundane and perplexing aspects of my life on bents has been finding
    satisfactory mirrors. On my t-bone, and probably most low(ish) racers - especially USS - I've tried
    everything with mixed results and am now ready to try the old mirror-velcroed-ont-the-glove trick.
    Does anyone out there have a source for small flat mirror material (not glass) that could be cut and
    mounted to the back of a glove?

    thanks and regards, Chris

    Tags:

  2. Rorschandt

    Rorschandt Guest

    Chris Crawford <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > Hi All - one of the more mundane and perplexing aspects of my life on bents has been finding
    > satisfactory mirrors. On my t-bone, and probably most low(ish) racers - especially USS - I've
    > tried everything with mixed results and am now ready to try the old mirror-velcroed-ont-the-glove
    > trick. Does anyone out there have a source for small flat mirror material (not glass) that could
    > be cut and mounted to the back of a glove?
    >
    > thanks and regards, Chris

    If you wanted to make a bunch of them http://www.plasticfab.com/acrylic_sheet.htm or
    http://www.plaskolite.com/acrylic-mirror.htm

    I would suggest you not use first surface or front surface mirror because the coating scratches too
    easily. The local hobby store (Hobby Lobby) sells various sizes of round glass mirrors for less
    than $1. You might also check an auto supply section of CrapMart for a stick on "blind spot" mirror
    for a car, and modify to fit your needs.

    happy trails, rorschandt

  3. Periscope laying on it's side, use PVC pipe, mirror and clear Lexan. What about one of those British
    Rear View Helmets?
    "Chris Crawford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi All - one of the more mundane and perplexing aspects of my life on bents has been finding
    > satisfactory mirrors. On my t-bone, and probably most low(ish) racers - especially USS - I've
    > tried everything with mixed results and am now ready to try the old mirror-velcroed-ont-the-glove
    > trick. Does anyone out there have a source for small flat mirror material (not glass) that could
    > be cut and mounted to the back of a glove?
    >
    > thanks and regards, Chris

  4. Paul Bruneau

    Paul Bruneau Guest

    Hi Chris-

    I suggest taking a look at the "Take a look" eyeglass mirror, which is built with a very nice
    rectangular piece of mirror that I think is a plastic material with a front-side-mounted mirroring
    on it, resulting in a great little mirror. It is easily separatable from the eyeglass mounting and
    nicely priced at about $13 or so.

    Chris Crawford wrote:
    > Hi All - one of the more mundane and perplexing aspects of my life on bents has been finding
    > satisfactory mirrors. On my t-bone, and probably most low(ish) racers - especially USS - I've
    > tried everything with mixed results and am now ready to try the old mirror-velcroed-ont-the-glove
    > trick. Does anyone out there have a source for small flat mirror material (not glass) that could
    > be cut and mounted to the back of a glove?
    >
    > thanks and regards, Chris

  5. Go to a snowmobile accessories place. They sell glove mirrors. Dan Kluckhuhn

    "Chris Crawford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi All - one of the more mundane and perplexing aspects of my life on bents has been finding
    > satisfactory mirrors. On my t-bone, and probably most low(ish) racers - especially USS - I've
    > tried everything with mixed results and am now ready to try the old mirror-velcroed-ont-the-glove
    > trick. Does anyone out there have a source for small flat mirror material (not glass) that could
    > be cut and mounted to the back of a glove?
    >
    > thanks and regards, Chris

  6. Rorschandt

    Rorschandt Guest