help making glove mirror

Chris Crawford

Guest
Hi All - one of the more mundane and perplexing aspects of my life on bents has been finding
satisfactory mirrors. On my t-bone, and probably most low(ish) racers - especially USS - I've tried
everything with mixed results and am now ready to try the old mirror-velcroed-ont-the-glove trick.
Does anyone out there have a source for small flat mirror material (not glass) that could be cut and
mounted to the back of a glove?

thanks and regards, Chris

Chris Crawford <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> Hi All - one of the more mundane and perplexing aspects of my life on bents has been finding
> satisfactory mirrors. On my t-bone, and probably most low(ish) racers - especially USS - I've
> tried everything with mixed results and am now ready to try the old mirror-velcroed-ont-the-glove
> trick. Does anyone out there have a source for small flat mirror material (not glass) that could
> be cut and mounted to the back of a glove?
>
> thanks and regards, Chris

If you wanted to make a bunch of them http://www.plasticfab.com/acrylic_sheet.htm or
http://www.plaskolite.com/acrylic-mirror.htm

I would suggest you not use first surface or front surface mirror because the coating scratches too
easily. The local hobby store (Hobby Lobby) sells various sizes of round glass mirrors for less
than $1. You might also check an auto supply section of CrapMart for a stick on "blind spot" mirror
for a car, and modify to fit your needs.

happy trails, rorschandt

Periscope laying on it's side, use PVC pipe, mirror and clear Lexan. What about one of those British
Rear View Helmets?
"Chris Crawford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi All - one of the more mundane and perplexing aspects of my life on bents has been finding
> satisfactory mirrors. On my t-bone, and probably most low(ish) racers - especially USS - I've
> tried everything with mixed results and am now ready to try the old mirror-velcroed-ont-the-glove
> trick. Does anyone out there have a source for small flat mirror material (not glass) that could
> be cut and mounted to the back of a glove?
>
> thanks and regards, Chris

Hi Chris-

I suggest taking a look at the "Take a look" eyeglass mirror, which is built with a very nice
rectangular piece of mirror that I think is a plastic material with a front-side-mounted mirroring
on it, resulting in a great little mirror. It is easily separatable from the eyeglass mounting and
nicely priced at about $13 or so.

Chris Crawford wrote:
> Hi All - one of the more mundane and perplexing aspects of my life on bents has been finding
> satisfactory mirrors. On my t-bone, and probably most low(ish) racers - especially USS - I've
> tried everything with mixed results and am now ready to try the old mirror-velcroed-ont-the-glove
> trick. Does anyone out there have a source for small flat mirror material (not glass) that could
> be cut and mounted to the back of a glove?
>
> thanks and regards, Chris

Go to a snowmobile accessories place. They sell glove mirrors. Dan Kluckhuhn