HELP! Marzocchi mx comp w/ ETA or Rock Shox Psylo XC w/ U-Turn

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Sbc, Mar 5, 2003.

  1. Sbc

    Sbc Guest

    I need mad help, I don't know what to do. I have a Jamis 21" hardtail and do mostly XC riding. I
    need a new shock and don't know what to get. some people tell me that rock shox are $hit and other
    say that about marzocchi. both shox are about the same price and weight. If u have one of these shox
    or love one of the brands can you plz tell me why I should go with that one. I am also looking for a
    shox that will have not that much matainance, and I don't want to sent it back to the factory.
    Thanks for the input, I know I am not the only one w/ this question.

    Oh yeah, I am 6' 4" and 190 lbs. and like I said hardtail and mostly XC.

    Tags:

  2. ..::Tbf::..

    ..::Tbf::.. Guest

    Bombers rule

    "sbc" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I need mad help, I don't know what to do. I have a Jamis 21" hardtail and
    do
    > mostly XC riding. I need a new shock and don't know what to get. some
    people
    > tell me that rock shox are $hit and other say that about marzocchi. both shox are about the same
    > price and weight. If u have one of these shox or love one of the brands can you plz tell me why I
    > should go with that one.
    > am also looking for a shox that will have not that much matainance, and I don't want to sent it
    > back to the factory. Thanks for the input, I know I
    am
    > not the only one w/ this question.
    >
    > Oh yeah, I am 6' 4" and 190 lbs. and like I said hardtail and mostly XC.

  3. ride a bomber and you won't go back. Switched this year and the difference is very apparent. Just
    change the oil and you ride more.

    bomber

    --
    http://members.cox.net/gporter1970 "sbc" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I need mad help, I don't know what to do. I have a Jamis 21" hardtail and
    do
    > mostly XC riding. I need a new shock and don't know what to get. some
    people
    > tell me that rock shox are $hit and other say that about marzocchi. both shox are about the same
    > price and weight. If u have one of these shox or love one of the brands can you plz tell me why I
    > should go with that one.
    > am also looking for a shox that will have not that much matainance, and I don't want to sent it
    > back to the factory. Thanks for the input, I know I
    am
    > not the only one w/ this question.
    >
    > Oh yeah, I am 6' 4" and 190 lbs. and like I said hardtail and mostly XC.

  4. David Bailey

    David Bailey Guest

    sbc <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I need mad help, I don't know what to do. I have a Jamis 21" hardtail and
    do
    > mostly XC riding. I need a new shock and don't know what to get. some
    people
    > tell me that rock shox are $hit and other say that about marzocchi. both shox are about the same
    > price and weight. If u have one of these shox or love one of the brands can you plz tell me why I
    > should go with that one.
    > am also looking for a shox that will have not that much matainance, and I don't want to sent it
    > back to the factory. Thanks for the input, I know I
    am
    > not the only one w/ this question.
    >
    > Oh yeah, I am 6' 4" and 190 lbs. and like I said hardtail and mostly XC.

    Worked with Rock Shox for three years and they are like a disposable razor use em till they break,
    the Marzocchi are made to last but the u turn system really is the best travel adjust

  5. Jan Sacharuk

    Jan Sacharuk Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, sbc wrote:

    > Oh yeah, I am 6' 4" and 190 lbs. and like I said hardtail and mostly XC.

    I'm about your size. When I was younger, and a bit lighter, my bike store WOULDN'T SELL ME A ROCK
    SHOX. They knew what they were talking about. I was riding on their team, and they refused to sell
    me a fork that they knew would flex like a noodle under my weight and power. Buy the Marzocchi. The
    Psylos are better than the RS forks of old, but I've ridden them, and they're still not stiff enough
    or reliable enough for people our size.

    JS

    --
    Jan Sacharuk Member in Good Standing of The Discordian Solidarity Turn on viewing of the X-Geek-Code