Help me choose which road bike to buy

typeRboy

Feb 16, 2008
I was wondering if there is anyone out there who can give me there opinion on the following....

I am looking at purchasing a road bike.

I have found 2 bikes in mind. They are;

• 2005 Azzuri Tigre (used)
  • 2007 Schwinn fastback (6 months old limited use)
Which one should i buy as i am only just a beginner and dont know much about bikes??

typeRboy said:
I was wondering if there is anyone out there who can give me there opinion on the following....

I am looking at purchasing a road bike.

I have found 2 bikes in mind. They are;

• 2005 Azzuri Tigre (used)
  • 2007 Schwinn fastback (6 months old limited use)
Which one should i buy as i am only just a beginner and dont know much about bikes??
What is your budget?

thomas199023 said:
What is your budget?
well since i am a beginner and just want to trial out the sport before taking it on seriously...i think my budget is around 500-750. got any ideas on what i should get? i done some research and found that the azzurri costs about 1200 brand new...so me paying 500 for a 3 yr old bike isnt smart...so i think the azzurri might be too expensive...i wouldnt mind a brand new bike...but would like shimano components and preferably a carbon fork...
any ideas where i can get a bargain bike from a bike store in th inner west?

Hey there. Very new to this and would really appreciate some good advice. I am getting into cycling and have been told a good bike to get started is an ODIN Diablo. They say it is similar to that of an Avanti. Anyone heard of the brand ODIN and is it any good

i just bought a 3 month old learsport 7000....
i knw very basic bike and there has been alot of talk about them being a average bike but i guess for my first bike this will do.

i was wondering where can i get a helmet from and some riding gear... in the inner west area of Sydney?? (not looking at spending big dollars) if anyone can give me brand names would be greatly appreciated...

also i am thinking of putting a cateye computer on the bike....seen a few on ebay... $70 for Cateye CC-RD300W Strada Wireless Cycle Computer
s.gif
.... is that a good price?</IMG>