Help me decide between hybrids and hybrids vs mtb

Hashir

Feb 27, 2023
This is a Lengthy Messafe

Last weekend I saw a few bikes and Hybrids stood out to me more than mtbs,
A quick overview of me am 177cm 104kg so u can call me a + size rider
The MTBs T looked wayy heavier and bulkier than the Hybrids which are easier to ride

This will be my first proper bike and here are the options I have
1 USD = 3.67 Dhs ( 4 approx )

Hybrid:
Trek FX1 - 2800Dh
Fuji Absolute 1.9 - 2500Dhs
Sunspeed Kepler Hybrid bike - 1500Dhs

Sunspeed bike images are attached at last

MTB-
Trek Marlin 4 - 2600 Dhs
GT Aggressor Sport - 2300 Dhs

Very honestly I would like to buy a Hybrid after I saw it in person
Trek will be my favorable brand but looks and price wise Sunspeed Wins

Someone tell me also what’s the main diff in performance of Hub and Freewheel
As the trek has freewheel and Sunspeed has Cassette Hub

I need to know which will be more suitable for my weight cause I don’t want the bike to be a servicing nightmare cause of my weight
Pls look into the components of the Hybrids and MTB too if u have the time, and give me some advice on it

Are there also anymore trek or other brands hybrids in 1000-3000 dhs price range

Attachments

• IMG_4647.png
    IMG_4647.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4648.png
    IMG_4648.png
    211.8 KB · Views: 5
Someone tell me also what’s the main diff in performance of Hub and Freewheel
As the trek has freewheel and Sunspeed has Cassette Hub

The cassette hub is stronger and better able to take on your weight compared to freewheel.

Anyway, that Sunspeed Kepler frame is actually a gravel bike frame. The distance to the handlebar maybe shorter but not really a big issue, just FYI. Over here, the same bike has drop bar and 2x drivetrain and looks identical to a road bike except with wider tires.

The cassette hub is stronger and better able to take on your weight compared to freewheel.

Anyway, that Sunspeed Kepler frame is actually a gravel bike frame. The distance to the handlebar maybe shorter but not really a big issue, just FYI. Over here, the same bike has drop bar and 2x drivetrain and looks identical to a road bike except with wider tires.
thanks for your advice
i have just gotten an FX1 freewheel , rim brakes
its a bit rusty rn but runs very good

thanks again

Reactions: cobbwheels
Hey, glad you're happy with your choice! If you're looking to optimize aerodynamics in cycling, I recommend focusing on bike position and reducing drag. ‍♂️