Help me decide: Wilier Izoard vs Kuota Kharma vs Felt F1C

OzRider

Sep 5, 2005
Hi, any inputs on this choice of frames? I am an active recreational rider averaging 120km per week with week long rides and occasional event riding of up to 200 km/day. Mostly on roadways of varying quality. I am graduating from a 2001 Trek 2300. I am not a racer, just wanting a great carbon bike that will help me do the distances! :rolleyes:

OzRider said:
Hi, any inputs on this choice of frames? I am an active recreational rider averaging 120km per week with week long rides and occasional event riding of up to 200 km/day. Mostly on roadways of varying quality. I am graduating from a 2001 Trek 2300. I am not a racer, just wanting a great carbon bike that will help me do the distances! :rolleyes:

I should mention that the Look 555 has also more recently been discussed as an alternative.

Sounds similar to my road bike usage (not racing, but quite often long rides...) I'm picking up my Cannondale Synapse on Friday. :) I took one for a test-ride over some of the nastier road surfaces around town, and it was spooky just how smooth it was. After 50-odd km on these roads I had felt like I had barely done 20 on smooth tarmac. And this was on a bike that was one size too small, and not really fitted well to me at all!

I don't mean to confuse you by giving you yet more bikes to consider, but there's an emerging category of "performance/epic road" bikes out there for people like us, where the bikes still have a sporty feel but have the geometry and frame lay-up tweaked for long-term ride comfort. The Synapse is one, the Specialized Roubaix is another.. there are probably more out there, but they are the carbon ones I know of off the top of my head.

I didn't get a chance to test-ride a Roubaix, though most of the reason for the bike upgrade in the first place was being able to get a super good one-off deal on a Synapse through my LBS. Specialized is a bit thin on the ground here.. maybe it's something to do with that big misspelt word on the downtube :p

rek said:
Sounds similar to my road bike usage (not racing, but quite often long rides...) I'm picking up my Cannondale Synapse on Friday. :) I took one for a test-ride over some of the nastier road surfaces around town, and it was spooky just how smooth it was. After 50-odd km on these roads I had felt like I had barely done 20 on smooth tarmac. And this was on a bike that was one size too small, and not really fitted well to me at all!

I don't mean to confuse you by giving you yet more bikes to consider, but there's an emerging category of "performance/epic road" bikes out there for people like us, where the bikes still have a sporty feel but have the geometry and frame lay-up tweaked for long-term ride comfort. The Synapse is one, the Specialized Roubaix is another.. there are probably more out there, but they are the carbon ones I know of off the top of my head.

I didn't get a chance to test-ride a Roubaix, though most of the reason for the bike upgrade in the first place was being able to get a super good one-off deal on a Synapse through my LBS. Specialized is a bit thin on the ground here.. maybe it's something to do with that big misspelt word on the downtube :p

So how are you liking the Synapse?

I got a Wilier Imperiale in Jan and I reckon it's the best bike I've ridden. Not ultra light carbon but stong and rigid and plenty light enough to climb beautifully. As for descending it flies. I've been into Wilier for years and reckon they are one of the best frames you can get.