Help me decide!

DS Carrow

Nov 27, 2011
Been saving for three months now, ready to buy a bike. I just can't decide which one, I've tested three different frames and like them all. All three fit me so that's not a problem. Here are the three:

-Wilier Izoard xp /w Sram Force
-Pinarello Paris /w Sram Force
-BMC race machine/w Sram Red

This will be my first bike, and I want to make a good decision and Not base it off of esthetics alone.
Thanx for the help.

Originally Posted by DS Carrow .

Been saving for three months now, ready to buy a bike. I just can't decide which one, I've tested three different frames and like them all. All three fit me so that's not a problem. Here are the three:

This will be my first bike, and I want to make a good decision and Not base it off of esthetics alone.
Thanx for the help.

Since you've tested all three frames, there's nothing we can tell you that will help you more. Neither of the three is empirically better. Going with the one that looks the best to you is what you're left with. IMHO, I don't think the difference between Force and Red is great enough to be a decider.

All things being equal, why not pick the cheapest? As a price conscious fan of Italian bikes, I like the Wilier Izoard XP.

Did you say this is your first bike? You never rode either a rode or a mountain bike as a constant sport, meaning daily or almost daily? The reason I ask, is because if this is your first bike into a new sport/hobby why spend so much money on a first bike? It's great you can afford it, but problem is most people, to the tune of about 95% that start out cycling as new sport/hobby and buy their first bike with all the gung-ho on the world and the best intentions, ride it for about 3 months then the bike is stored in garage or such place for the next 30 years where it becomes garage art. I bought a couple of "new" bikes off of Craigslist because 20 years or so after they bought the bikes and rode them for 5 to 250 miles gave up on the sport then years later sell them for cheap, which is ok with me because I found a few great bikes like that for cheap. So where are with this sport? if new I would rethink it just a tad.

Originally Posted by DS Carrow .

Thanx for the help.
If I had narrowed my decision to these three, and If I liked the way all three felt, I would base my decision ENTIRELY on aesthetics.

Originally Posted by danfoz .

If I had narrowed my decision to these three, and If I liked the way all three felt, I would base my decision ENTIRELY on aesthetics.
There is no denying that it certainly doesn't hurt to have a bike that not only fits well and rides well but is also drop dead sexy. Heck, even having just one beautiful part enriches the riding experience. Heck, just look how sexy this rim is. Doesn't just make you want to get all hot and sweaty.................by riding?

If I had to choose on just on looks alone, which I would have too since there is no way I would be able to ride either of the bikes anywhere near where I live, I would chose the Wilier due to it's paint work and the frame looks like it flows. My second choice would be the Pinarello which looks almost similar to the Wilier but I hate the drab gray/black paint, maybe they have other color options I choose from or get it repainted myself. The BMC to me looks just plain ugly, from the design of the frame to the weird paint combinations...ugly ugly ugly.

Just going by looks alone with no time spent on either bike, the Pinarello looks to be the most rigid of the three bikes, in other words stiffer for racing purposes. My thought is brought on by the rear stays are much larger then the other two, and it appears the geometry has a slightly shorter wheelbase then the others. Whereas the Wilier looks like it would be the more comfortable riding of the three. Again, this is strictly going off what they look like.