Help me indentfy my halfords headset (pic)

complience

Sep 8, 2004
Ive bought a headset from halfords, but theres no model number on it and i want to get a manual for it from the makers.

its an Aheadset made by TH industries for Crane Creek.
36' Cartridge

thanks

If you have a pic of it out of the box, that probably would be more helpful to identify it.;)

You might just want to take a look at:
http://www.canecreek.com/fileadmin/canecreek/products/headsets/aheadsets/man_aheadsets/ah_diagram.pdf
to see the various current models that CC has in the Aheadset line, to see which it most closely resembles and tak a gander at the manual for that.

The manuals are really pretty generic within a given type (standard, IS, zero-stack, etc) regardless of how it's branded (all the way from the Aheadset value line all the way to the Solos) if you want to take a look at a couple of them for comparison :
http://www.canecreek.com/aheadset_manuals.html

How do i know if it will fit my bike or not?

I think it might be the wrong size.. so i don't want to take it out of the box so i can still take it back.

What measurements are important when it coems to headsets?

complience said:
Ive bought a headset from halfords, but theres no model number on it and i want to get a manual for it from the makers.

its an Aheadset made by TH industries for Crane Creek.
36' Cartridge

thanks

A friend of mine recently bought a frameset from a well-known on-line retailer from the USA. The frameset came with what appears to be the same or a similar headset that you describe. The frameset/fork is an integrated type and included a headset that had the same "Aheadset made by TH Industries for Cane Creek" inscription. We called up the retailer for information on the headset and was told that this particular integrated headset is basically the Cane Creek IS-2 headset design but made with lower quality materials by a sub-contractor (cheaper for mass market framesets). I can't confirm how accurate this information is, but it's what we were told. If this is the case, then I would think that your "Aheadset by TH Industries" headset falls in the same category - basically a more economical version of a higher end Cane Creek branded headset. Check the Cane Creek website for a similar model headset.