Help Me Pick Please

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Jon Judson, May 17, 2003.

  1. Jon Judson

    Jon Judson Guest

    If you had $3500 and had to pick either the Colnago CT1 or the Litespeed Tuscany, which one would
    you go with and why?

    Thanks for helping me make up my mind!

    Tags:

  2. Psycholist

    Psycholist Guest

    I don't really know much about either of these bikes, so I'll ask questions that reveal my bias (and
    perhaps my ignorance). Isn't the CT-1 very much a top-of-line offering from Colnago? I know it's not
    a C-40, but it's one of their very premium offerings. I rode with a guy who was on one in a century
    one time and he raved about it -- and it was gorgeous.

    As for the Tuscany, it's just kindof a mid-level offering from Litespeed. I'm surprised it would
    cost that much, but then again, Litespeed seems to have a very high opinion of themselves. Nice
    bikes, obviously. But very pricey.

    Why not consider a Trek 5500? For $3,500 you can have one of them with DuraAce. Lifetime warranty
    from a company that really stands behind it. Great ride. Just a thought.

    Bob C.

    "Jon Judson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > If you had $3500 and had to pick either the Colnago CT1 or the Litespeed Tuscany, which one would
    > you go with and why?
    >
    > Thanks for helping me make up my mind!

  3. Hawke

    Hawke Guest

    "Jon Judson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > If you had $3500 and had to pick either the Colnago CT1 or the Litespeed Tuscany, which one would
    > you go with and why?
    >
    > Thanks for helping me make up my mind!

    I'd go with the Fuji Team Issue.

    Hawke

  4. jon-<< If you had $3500 and had to pick either the Colnago CT1 or the Litespeed Tuscany, which one
    would you go with and why?

    Neither-I would get a Calfee Tetra-

    http://www.calfeedesign.com

    Look at warranty for the two you mention, Calfee is 25 years.

  5. But if ya gotta have titanium-Moots...