Help me to help you. Mavic Freehub body swap

PeteHughes

Jan 18, 2010
Hello folks,
it's worth a try. I've aquired an extremely little used Mavic Ksyrium SL wheelset from a friend which contains a Campy' ED10 and I'm looking for a Shimano compatible M10 free hub body.

I know the wheels have only had very little use, (circa 100miles) I've removed the freehub body and happy to send a picture of it, (it's just like new). My question is has anybody got a similar condition Shimano M10 style thet they would like to swap for my Campy' ED10 style?

I shall pay the postage both ways.
Many thanks
Peter

Hello Peter,

I was going to buy a Campy free hub body, and saw your ad.

I have a set of Mavic Ksyrium Equipe wheels, with less than 100 miles on them, that has the Shimano free hub body.

I,m looking to install a campy body.

Do you known if the campy body will take a campy 9 speed cassette?

I read the body will take, a 10 and 11 speed, but nothing about them taking a 9 speed.

I know about Shimano parts, but not so much about Campy.

Thanks for your time.
Regards, Tom.

Hi Tom,
many thanks for the reply. I am 99% sure that the freehub body will accept a 9spd. If you want I am happy to mail it to you to check, if you find that it is a poor fit or unsuitable for you in any way then you can return it to me (I'll include a 'pre'-paid return envelope), if however you find that you want it then you can send the Shimano body instead.

If you want to try it out please email me your postal address to [email protected] and I'll have it in the post for you tomorrow so you can give it a try.

Thanks & regards
Peter

Peter,

I see your in the UK, and I'm in the States.
It might be expensive to ship.

Regards, Tom.

PeteHughes said:
Hi Tom,
many thanks for the reply. I am 99% sure that the freehub body will accept a 9spd. If you want I am happy to mail it to you to check, if you find that it is a poor fit or unsuitable for you in any way then you can return it to me (I'll include a 'pre'-paid return envelope), if however you find that you want it then you can send the Shimano body instead.

If you want to try it out please email me your postal address to [email protected] and I'll have it in the post for you tomorrow so you can give it a try.

Thanks & regards
Peter

quick, lock the thread and ban both the users. they're too nice and formal displays of maturity are just not acceptable. :D

Hi Tom,

ahaaaa I didn't see that one. Ok I'll look into the 9spd thing tomorrow morning & let you, there's a pro elite road bike store near me (Primera Bournemouth) I'll give the guys there a call & see what they say.

I'll drop you a line tomorrow!

Cheers Peter

tbrown said:
Hello Peter,

I was going to buy a Campy free hub body, and saw your ad.

I have a set of Mavic Ksyrium Equipe wheels, with less than 100 miles on them, that has the Shimano free hub body.

I,m looking to install a campy body.

Do you known if the campy body will take a campy 9 speed cassette?

I read the body will take, a 10 and 11 speed, but nothing about them taking a 9 speed.

I know about Shimano parts, but not so much about Campy.

Thanks for your time.
Regards, Tom.

PM Peter@vecchios (that's his screen name). He'll know for sure whether a 9 sp cassette will work on a Campy 10 or 11 hub.

Peter,

I found the free hub bodies to cost around $50.00, including shipping, on Ebay, and at a retail shop. I was going to buy one, until I saw you ad, I just received a carbon fork from the UK, and shipping was $20.00.

It looks like it would be cheaper for you to buy one over there.
Let me know.

Regards, Tom.

Thanks, I'll do that.

alienator said:
PM Peter@vecchios (that's his screen name). He'll know for sure whether a 9 sp cassette will work on a Campy 10 or 11 hub.

Hi Tom,

sorry it took longer than expected. Yes the Freehub will accept the 9spd cassette straight on without the need for a spacer. It's still with me if you'd like to exchange.

All the best
Pete

Pete,Hi there,don't know if you were lucky in getting a swap for your Mavic/Campy free hub but I am looking for one.Do you wish to sell yours.Regards Gerad