Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Help, Need 20 hole 700c rim

Started by JMcArdle · · Last activity · 5 posts · 519 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
20 July 2005
Last activity
23 July 2005
Original author
JMcArdle
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
519
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi All, I used this group a ton in the 90's and am now turning again
    to the collective wisdom looking for some help sourcing an inexpensive
    alternative for a 20 hole 700c rim. $100 +/- $50 is an OK range. I see
    that performance has 20 hole Forte rear wheels but not the individual
    rims for sale. If you can help, I'd appreciate if you could respond
    directly to mcardlejl at yahoo dot com and cross post to the group for
    reference. Thanks! Jim

  2. Hey, Answered my own question, Thanks Google. Richey has a DS 27 700c
    front rim in 20 hole thats symmetrical (not offset, like some of their
    reaer rims) for approx $75.

  3. JMcArdle said:

    Hi All, I used this group a ton in the 90's and am now turning again
    to the collective wisdom looking for some help sourcing an inexpensive
    alternative for a 20 hole 700c rim. $100 +/- $50 is an OK range. I see
    that performance has 20 hole Forte rear wheels but not the individual
    rims for sale. If you can help, I'd appreciate if you could respond
    directly to mcardlejl at yahoo dot com and cross post to the group for
    reference. Thanks! Jim


    Velocity Fusion, Deep V, and Dyad come in 40 hole. You can use them and just skip every other hole.
    What other features do you need/want besides 700C and 20 holes?

  4. (JMcArdle) said:

    Hi All, I used this group a ton in the 90's and am now turning again
    to the collective wisdom looking for some help sourcing an inexpensive
    alternative for a 20 hole 700c rim. $100 +/- $50 is an OK range. I see
    that performance has 20 hole Forte rear wheels but not the individual
    rims for sale. If you can help, I'd appreciate if you could respond
    directly to mcardlejl at yahoo dot com and cross post to the group for
    reference. Thanks! Jim

    The Shimano R500 front wheel has 20 spokes, so you could rip one apart
    and use that rim. Available in the UK for GBP35 for the front only, so
    should be well under $100.

    Kinky Cowboy*

    *Batteries not included
    May contain traces of nuts
    Your milage may vary

  5. daveornee said:

    Velocity Fusion, Deep V, and Dyad come in 40 hole. You can use them
    and just skip every other hole.
    What other features do you need/want besides 700C and 20 holes?

    Having the holes alternating left/right orientation might be nice, instead
    of having all-left or all-right like a 20 out of 40 setup.

    Jasper

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.