HELP! need advice for frame size for tall ladies!

kizkoz

May 14, 2010
hi wow i never knew bikes were so confusing! and so many options!
need help. i am a total novice but i have discovered my love for riding and it is my only form of transport, i use the bike to get to work rain sleet or snow,I do a minimum of one hour cycling a day mainly on road/cobbles but also dirt tracks, i want to take the bike down forest trails and be able to cycle on holiday so u no all day jobbie without dying.i also push it up the hill i live at the top of which is a 80 degree angle.

I have decided on a mountain bike frame wiv front suspension and possibly slick tiers? But i need help as i cant read bike speak and can not tell what forks brakes geometry are the best for my money and all the shop assistants just want to sell thier brand. another issue is im 5'9 and long in the leg so apparently most of the women's bikes wont fit me even though they are supposed to be better for me iv been told im a 19/ 19.5 frame. i have to make a decision soon as my current bike is way to small and killing me.

i need help iv looked at trek, scott, cube and avalanche but i dont know enough to make a decision and this is a lot of money for me so id prefer to spend it once and upgrade parts maybe in a year.

below is a list of aspects i have decided that i want

price range £200-£450ish

hairdtail

lockout forks

hydrolic discbrakes

please any suggestions?