HELP!!! Need Advise on purchasing a new bike..So much to choose from. PLEASE HELP!!!

MatthewSeattle

Jul 15, 2003
Can anyone give me some information on Motobecane bikes? I am looking to purchase a new bike in the $1000 range. Bikes direct carries a couple of Motobecane's in about that range. Any suggestions? HELP!!!!

I guess I am looking for any help on "good" bikes to purchase.

I am currently riding an entry level Fuji - Ace

Thanks in advance,

Matthew

Originally posted by MatthewSeattle
Can anyone give me some information on Motobecane bikes? I am looking to purchase a new bike in the $1000 range. Bikes direct carries a couple of Motobecane's in about that range. Any suggestions? HELP!!!!

I guess I am looking for any help on "good" bikes to purchase.

I am currently riding an entry level Fuji - Ace

Thanks in advance,

Matthew

I don't know if you have looked at the reiview site, but thier are a few good ones. My favorite ones are www.roadbikerevew.com and a new one www.bicycletest.com. Check those out. It may be helpfull in solving your buying problem.

Rock on

Motobecane (sp) bikes are good solid bikes. The spec higher parts at lower price points then just about anyone out there. the difficulty in most areas is going to be finding a LBS that will do any warrenty work, but this all depends on where you live.
Diamondback is another good company to look at. In the $500 range you could get a bike outfitted with full lx on a frame that is lighter than 7005 alum. (friend has a topanga comp). The fork is a 100mm judy which is nothing special but is half the price you are talking about. They have higher end hardtails and dualies but I have had my hands on few. The xts is a good heavy duty trail bike (5-6" in the back and 5" in the front). It is about 13 - 1400 though so higher than you were looking, but it is a good deal.