Help: Need bottle for my coffee

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by John Doe, Jul 26, 2003.

  1. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    Hi all,

    I was doing a bit of reading on the

    http://www.bicyclecoffeesystems.com

    I want to get coffee'd up for my commute. I got sick for a little while and
    started to drive to work for about 1 month with a borrowed car (shock
    horror). Then I got lazy and kept driving for another 2 (even bigger shock
    horror). Anyway I got a bit used to having my commuter mug (not leak proof
    just spill proof) full of a hot Beveridge of my choice.

    I remember reading the coffee threads a while back. I did a bit of looking
    on this web site and come to the opinion I wanted

    Megaslim 2-in-1 Sportpak Vacuum Bottle
    Profile Bottle Cage

    The thing is I cannot source these items in Aust. Has anyone setup their
    bikes to carry this sort of item.

    BTW Please dont reply if you are going to start sprouting stuff about coffee
    being bad. Just pretend I enjoy drinking hot water.

    Cheers
    Pete

    Tags:

  2. Andrew Swan

    Andrew Swan Guest

    John Doe wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I was doing a bit of reading on the
    >
    > http://www.bicyclecoffeesystems.com
    >
    > I want to get coffee'd up for my commute. I got sick for a little while and
    > started to drive to work for about 1 month with a borrowed car (shock
    > horror). Then I got lazy and kept driving for another 2 (even bigger shock
    > horror). Anyway I got a bit used to having my commuter mug (not leak proof
    > just spill proof) full of a hot Beveridge of my choice.
    >
    > I remember reading the coffee threads a while back. I did a bit of looking
    > on this web site and come to the opinion I wanted
    >
    > Megaslim 2-in-1 Sportpak Vacuum Bottle
    > Profile Bottle Cage
    >
    > The thing is I cannot source these items in Aust. Has anyone setup their
    > bikes to carry this sort of item.
    >
    > BTW Please dont reply if you are going to start sprouting stuff about coffee
    > being bad. Just pretend I enjoy drinking hot water.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Pete

    Man, you shouldn't be drinking coffee if you are a cyclist. Experts
    agree that it can cause font abuse, excessive nicknaming, and
    over-application of Australian slang - just look at this for a sad example:

    http://www.muggaccinos.com/

    &roo

  3. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    : Man, you shouldn't be drinking coffee if you are a cyclist. Experts
    : agree that it can cause font abuse, excessive nicknaming, and
    : over-application of Australian slang - just look at this for a sad
    example:
    :
    : http://www.muggaccinos.com/
    :
    : &roo

    :). Well I got up this morning for my commute and it was damn freezing. I
    have to catch the train for an hour after my 1 hour ride and I would love to
    be able to sit back and suck on a nice hot tea.

  4. Andrew Swan

    Andrew Swan Guest

    John Doe wrote:
    > : Man, you shouldn't be drinking coffee if you are a cyclist. Experts
    > : agree that it can cause font abuse, excessive nicknaming, and
    > : over-application of Australian slang - just look at this for a sad
    > example:
    > :
    > : http://www.muggaccinos.com/
    > :
    > : &roo
    >
    > :). Well I got up this morning for my commute and it was damn freezing. I
    > have to catch the train for an hour after my 1 hour ride and I would love to
    > be able to sit back and suck on a nice hot tea.

    Why not just chuck a thermos in your pannier/backpack/courier bag/etc?
    From what you say, it's not like you need to whip it out on the road.

    &roo

  5. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    : >
    : Why not just chuck a thermos in your pannier/backpack/courier bag/etc?
    : From what you say, it's not like you need to whip it out on the road.
    :
    : &roo
    :

    I guess. But I dont really carry a bag as such. Just a tiny pack strapped
    to my pannier rack that only really has room for wallet keys etc. You are
    right. But I do also go on long weekend rides of 100k+ so it would be cool
    to slurp on coffee in motion. Your suggestion might get me out of immediate
    trouble.

    Peter

  6. Cody

    Cody Guest

    I bought a $19 large bottle holder from Dean Woods and a $15 1 ltre
    stainless vacuum flask from Kmart which fits it nicely. Should solve all
    coffee desperates needs.

    Cheap and effective.

    "John Doe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I was doing a bit of reading on the
    >
    > http://www.bicyclecoffeesystems.com
    >
    > I want to get coffee'd up for my commute. I got sick for a little while

    and
    > started to drive to work for about 1 month with a borrowed car (shock
    > horror). Then I got lazy and kept driving for another 2 (even bigger

    shock
    > horror). Anyway I got a bit used to having my commuter mug (not leak

    proof
    > just spill proof) full of a hot Beveridge of my choice.
    >
    > I remember reading the coffee threads a while back. I did a bit of

    looking
    > on this web site and come to the opinion I wanted
    >
    > Megaslim 2-in-1 Sportpak Vacuum Bottle
    > Profile Bottle Cage
    >
    > The thing is I cannot source these items in Aust. Has anyone setup their
    > bikes to carry this sort of item.
    >
    > BTW Please dont reply if you are going to start sprouting stuff about

    coffee
    > being bad. Just pretend I enjoy drinking hot water.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Pete

  7. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    : coffee desperates needs.
    :
    : Cheap and effective.
    :

    How long can it keep hot?

  8. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    "Andre S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    : On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 23:41:02 GMT, "John Doe" <[email protected]>
    wrote:
    :
    : >: coffee desperates needs.
    :
    : >How long can it keep hot?
    :
    : how long is a piece of string? it depends on the thermos.
    :
    : AndreS.au ===> I ride therefore I am

    Something must have went wrong with your news feed. I was replying to a
    person with a specific flask.

    Peter

  9. "Cody" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > > The thing is I cannot source these items in Aust. Has anyone setup their
    > > bikes to carry this sort of item.
    > >
    > > BTW Please dont reply if you are going to start sprouting stuff about

    > coffee
    > > being bad. Just pretend I enjoy drinking hot water.

    Hi:

    That's my web site.

    Too bad Campmor doesn't ship overseas.

    The other good system is the Aladdin 4 in 1 which you may
    be able to order from the UK.

    I'd personally advise the JSB-500 or JSB-700 with
    a Profile Cage, but I don't know if either of these
    items are available in Australia.

    I've been using my JSB-500 and 700 a lot this summer.
    On hot days I use it for iced coffee.

    Steve
    http://www.bicyclecoffeesystems.com
    Experts Agree, Coffee is Good Food--Drink Lots

  10. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    : That's my web site.

    Cool site. Have you looked into setting up a commercial site with all your
    different ideas?

    I guess I could get some mates in the US to buy it for me and send it over.
    Its just that on your web site you give the model 5 stars and the JSB's 4.
    Although the 700ml one looks good. The thing is I need it to stay hot for a
    long time - ie to make it the night before. I get out of bed around 4:30am
    and the idea of getting up earlier to make coffee is a little bit
    disheartening :). I ride 21km;s to the train then sit on a train for 45
    mins. (Yes I live a ways from work).

    Peter

    :
    : Too bad Campmor doesn't ship overseas.
    :
    : The other good system is the Aladdin 4 in 1 which you may
    : be able to order from the UK.
    :
    : I'd personally advise the JSB-500 or JSB-700 with
    : a Profile Cage, but I don't know if either of these
    : items are available in Australia.
    :
    : I've been using my JSB-500 and 700 a lot this summer.
    : On hot days I use it for iced coffee.
    :
    : Steve
    : http://www.bicyclecoffeesystems.com
    : Experts Agree, Coffee is Good Food--Drink Lots

  11. Cody

    Cody Guest

    Using hot milk as well as hot water these flasks have kept coffee hot from
    early morning to reasonably late in the afternoon.

    "John Doe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > : coffee desperates needs.
    > :
    > : Cheap and effective.
    > :
    >
    > How long can it keep hot?

  12. marion

    marion Guest

    Cody wrote:
    > Using hot milk as well as hot water these flasks have kept coffee hot
    > from early morning to reasonably late in the afternoon.
    > "John Doe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:iUCWa.50-
    > [email protected]:[email protected]
    > ver.bigpond.net.au...
    > > : coffee desperates needs.
    > > :
    > > : Cheap and effective.
    > > :
    > >
    > > How long can it keep hot?

    he he he tis me the nortious coffee drinker/cyclist/ratbag if you really
    want to keep your coffee hot this is what i do......i make the coffee
    lots of milk/coffee/sugar then put it in the microwave until its about
    to boil 3mins per cup then transfer to thermas and stays hot for about
    10 hours mmmm yummy in the morning.....cheers