Help: Need jacket with pit zippers

BikeManiac

Oct 3, 2004
I need a windproof (and NOT waterproof) jacket with pit zips. It is intended for fairly high biking activity (25 km/h for hours). Please come up with all your recommandations.

Light insulation would be nice, but not a "must".

Lucas

BikeManiac said:
I need a windproof (and NOT waterproof) jacket with pit zips. It is intended for fairly high biking activity (25 km/h for hours). Please come up with all your recommandations.

Lucas

I like the Marmot PreCip jacket. It is exceptionally light and waterproof plus PitZips. Wear a windproof base layer, like the Craft S3 and you are all set. Forget the light insulation... layer, layer layer! Good luck.

BikeManiac said:

Lucas
I like jerseys a lot more than jackets. Jackets are ok for warm-ups, but they trap moisture in during any kind of high-effort riding. A good jersey and a coolmax base layer will keeps me dry and warm at least down into the high 30's.

Colder than that, I'll go with the jacket on top....if I "have to" ride. More likely will just hop on the trainer in my shorts when it's near freezing or below.

Best jackets for semi-cold weather (30's-40's) riding in my experience have windproof shoulders/front, and breathable back. A few options out there.