Help needed with new bike decision

bone

Dec 28, 2003
Gang,
I recently started riding a MTB and am now looking for my first real road bike. I thought I had it pretty well nailed down to a Litespeed Firenze. This weekend I stopped in one of my LBS and found a Scattante CFR Limited Edition. I had never heard of them before but was surprised at the price ($2100) given it was loaded with Dura- Ace components. Are the frame and wheel set junk on this bike?? What do you think?? Here is a link:http://www.supergo.com/profile.cfm?LPROD_ID=24733&lsubcat_id=&lcat_id=
Thanks, Bone

Scattante is Supergo's house model. It's easy to look down your nose at that kind of label, but some (like Douglas, with Colorado Cyclist, and Supergo's Scattante, depending on who you ask) have proud and satisfied followings.

If you'd nailed down the Firenze, then you've likely been doing your homework, because that bike's apparently great value. I know there are some folks around here who have bought Supergo stuff and can testify for your benefit -- aside from that, never hesitate to test ride. While you're waiting for feedback on quality and durability, head back out there and take that bike around the block. See how it feels under you.