Help needed

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Tony Raven, Jan 31, 2004.

  1. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    > Get the most out of your loave lihfe. Orgder your Vziagira and Stupfer Vimagbra satfely and
    > securwely onlivne. Cibalxis (Sujper Vivaqgra) takes afflect rigsht away and larsts for dacys!

    Can anyone translate this e-mail I just received? I think its something to make bread rise and give
    me secure wellies but I'm not sure

    Tony ;-)

    Tags:

  2. On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 19:39:00 -0000, in
    <[email protected]>, "Tony Raven"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> Get the most out of your loave lihfe. Orgder your Vziagira and Stupfer Vimagbra satfely and
    >> securwely onlivne. Cibalxis (Sujper Vivaqgra) takes afflect rigsht away and larsts for dacys!
    >
    >Can anyone translate this e-mail I just received? I think its something to make bread rise and give
    >me secure wellies but I'm not sure

    It's a product to pump up your tyres nice and hard.
    --
    I remember when the internet was only in black & white. It only had a few pages but at least they
    all worked. Email: Put only the word "richard" before the @ sign.

  3. Tony Raven wrote:

    >>Get the most out of your loave lihfe. Orgder your Vziagira and Stupfer Vimagbra satfely and
    >>securwely onlivne. Cibalxis (Sujper Vivaqgra) takes afflect rigsht away and larsts for dacys!
    >

    > Can anyone translate this e-mail I just received? I think its something to make bread rise and
    > give me secure wellies but I'm not sure

    It makes your - ahem - seat tube stiffer.

  4. Gonzalez

    Gonzalez Guest

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 19:39:00 -0000, "Tony Raven"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> Get the most out of your loave lihfe. Orgder your Vziagira and Stupfer Vimagbra satfely and
    >> securwely onlivne. Cibalxis (Sujper Vivaqgra) takes afflect rigsht away and larsts for dacys!
    >
    >Can anyone translate this e-mail I just received? I think its something to make bread rise and give
    >me secure wellies but I'm not sure

    It's not your bread that will be rising if you take that shit, and the only way it will affect your
    wellies is if sheep are your bent.

  5. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    > > Get the most out of your loave lihfe. Orgder your Vziagira and Stupfer Vimagbra satfely and
    > > securwely onlivne. Cibalxis (Sujper Vivaqgra) takes afflect rigsht away and larsts for
    dacys!

    > Can anyone translate this e-mail I just received? I think its something
    > make bread rise and give me secure wellies but I'm not sure

    It means you need to adjust your filters & killfile.

  6. Tim Cain

    Tim Cain Guest

    > > Get the most out of your loave lihfe. Orgder your Vziagira and Stupfer Vimagbra satfely and
    > > securwely onlivne. Cibalxis (Sujper Vivaqgra) takes afflect rigsht away and larsts for
    dacys!

    > Can anyone translate this e-mail I just received? I think its something
    > make bread rise and give me secure wellies but I'm not sure

    A fine example of ongoing spammer lunacy.

    I suspect that the (truly horrific) rate of misspellings in this message is designed to throw
    Bayesian spam filters off the scent and stop the message ending up in the "Probable Spam" folder of
    those who use such filters.

    Which is bizarre, seeing as the folk who use Bayesian filters have implicitly stated that they
    loathe and despise spam, spammers and the questionable products that are touted by spammers.

    Why go to all this effort to get your ad in front of the very people who will not respond or buy?

    I just don't get it.

    Tim.

    ---

  7. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Tim Cain wrote:

    > A fine example of ongoing spammer lunacy.
    >
    > I suspect that the (truly horrific) rate of misspellings in this message is designed to throw
    > Bayesian spam filters off the scent and stop the message ending up in the "Probable Spam" folder
    > of those who use such filters.
    >
    > Which is bizarre, seeing as the folk who use Bayesian filters have implicitly stated that they
    > loathe and despise spam, spammers and the questionable products that are touted by spammers.
    >
    > Why go to all this effort to get your ad in front of the very people who will not respond or buy?
    >
    > I just don't get it.

    Me neither - had one SPAM today where the message was so heavily buried in random word lists to hide
    it from the filters that it did a good job of hiding it from me. The SPAMmer's goal these days seem
    less concerned with putting a message in front of me that might tempt me and more towards getting a
    message past the filters at any cost.

    Still fails my #1 filter though. I never ever buy anything from a SPAMmer.

    Curiously though enough people must give their credit card details to order products or remortgage
    their houses with anonymous deliberately hidden folks in China to make it worthwhile. Anyone know
    where I can get an IP based filter because I would quite happily shut out anything coming from
    Chinese or Korean IP ranges these days.

    Tony

  8. Nick Kew

    Nick Kew Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Tim Cain" <[email protected]_know_what_to_cut_timcain.co.uk> writes:

    > I suspect that the (truly horrific) rate of misspellings in this message is designed to throw
    > Bayesian spam filters

    Or simpleminded spam filters.

    > Why go to all this effort to get your ad in front of the very people who will not respond or buy?

    Perhaps they're thinking of sysadmins who filter spam, and endusers who are dumb?

    I like the misspellings: my filter finds them helpful.

    --
    Nick Kew

  9. Zog The Undeniable <[email protected]>typed

    > Tony Raven wrote:

    > >>Get the most out of your loave lihfe. Orgder your Vziagira and Stupfer Vimagbra satfely and
    > >>securwely onlivne. Cibalxis (Sujper Vivaqgra) takes afflect rigsht away and larsts for dacys!
    > >

    > > Can anyone translate this e-mail I just received? I think its something to make bread rise and
    > > give me secure wellies but I'm not sure

    > It makes your - ahem - seat tube stiffer.

    Yebbut not mine ;-)

  10. Tim Cain

    Tim Cain Guest

    > Tim Cain wrote: Me neither - had one SPAM today where the message was so heavily buried in random
    > word lists to hide it from the filters that it did a good job of
    hiding
    > it from me. The SPAMmer's goal these days seem less concerned with
    putting a
    > message in front of me that might tempt me and more towards getting a
    message
    > past the filters at any cost.
    >
    > Still fails my #1 filter though. I never ever buy anything from a
    SPAMmer.

    > Curiously though enough people must give their credit card details to
    order
    > products or remortgage their houses with anonymous deliberately hidden
    folks
    > in China to make it worthwhile.

    Well, if the spammer has DSL or cable, they can whomp out emails at about 25-30 per second until the
    cows come home, more if they have access to 0wned pc's and a few open relays.

    The return rate for spam is in the fractional percent rate, but this seems to be enough to pay the
    bills and the ISP subscription. For the top few, it seems to be enough to live in opulence - witness
    Alan Ralsky and suchlike self proclaimed spam kings.

    >Anyone know where I can get an IP based filter because I would quite happily shut out anything
    >coming from Chinese
    or
    > Korean IP ranges these days.

    May be use the spam blacklists such as SPEWS and suchlike?

    Cheers,

    Tim.

    ---

  11. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    "Tim Cain" <[email protected]_know_what_to_cut_timcain.co.uk> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > A fine example of ongoing spammer lunacy.
    >
    > I suspect that the (truly horrific) rate of misspellings in this message is designed to throw
    > Bayesian spam filters off the scent and stop the message ending up in the "Probable Spam" folder
    > of those who use such filters.

    Fortunately, along with the Bayes poison of streams of random words, it doesn't seem to work. I'm
    using the freeware PopFile at home to filter my mail, and its accuracy is close to 100%. Before
    PopFile looks at it spam has to get past Zone Alarm Pro and NAV 2004. It then gets fed to a text-
    only e-mail client (Ameol). The occasional one get through with just the header intact and no body.
    PopFile tags these as "unclassified".

    > Why go to all this effort to get your ad in front of the very people who will not respond or buy?
    >
    > I just don't get it.

    Presumably the idea is to get past spam filters at the ISP or server level.

    --
    Dave...