HELP - New to cycling!!

Faith38

Jul 20, 2012
I have recently taken up road biking using a hybrid bike that has not experienced the outside for many years!! I did not want to purchase a road bike until I was sure that I would be interested in taking up road cycling seriously.

This is my fourth week and I absolutely love it and now wan't to purchase a road bike and put the hybrid back into retirement!! I was looking for advice on what bike would be appropriate for a beginner? I currently cycle 5 times per week for a couple of hours a day / night. I intend to join a cycling club when I have gained experience, so the bike would need to see me through to experienced level.

Any advice on bike / cycling would be appreciated.

Thanks

p.s When does the bottom / saddle pain ease? ;-)

Saddle pain eases when you have a good position on the bike and you have a saddle that fits you. A good pair of shorts help. Terry make a whole range of women specific clothing and other companies have since followed suit. Steve Hogg has a great website/blog. Google "steve Hogg bike fit" and you should get the link. I think there's a small fee if you want to ask questions or get to the really In depth articles though. I'd join a club before you get a bike - some bike stores offer discounts to local club members and some club members may have a good used bike for sale.