Help on price for 2000 Vision?

Jason Pecor

Guest
I have decided that it is probably time to sell my 2000 Vision R-40. It has OSS and less than 500
miles. It is in terrific shape.

Any ideas on what it might go for?

I am located in west-central Wisconsin, about 1 hour from Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN.

Thanks! Jason

A friend of mine just got a _really_ nice 2001 R45 w/suspension fork and similar mileage on e-Bay
for 1100, shipping included. I paid 600 for an older, but very nice R42, about a year ago. You're
somewhere in between, and probably little closer to the top of that range.

"Jason Pecor" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I have decided that it is probably time to sell my 2000 Vision R-40. It has OSS and less than 500
> miles. It is in terrific shape.
>
> Any ideas on what it might go for?
>
> I am located in west-central Wisconsin, about 1 hour from Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN.
>
> Thanks! Jason

> Any ideas on what it might go for?

Nope. But I bought my 2001 USS from a dealer who had it on the floor for 11 months. Hard to say
the miles, but it was 'new', had been a demo. I paid $800 for it. I have seen similar maybe a
year or two older, on eBay for ~$600-650. Didja try to look at closed sales on eBay to see whut
they went for?

I just don't unnerstan why mine sat on the floor so long. They are popular.. He has lots of sales,
he sold 5 recumbents that I know of in two days, the other day.

GeoB, Maybe the dealer did not want to sell demo before it had served its' purpose. Everytime a
dealer sells a demo he reduces the price and has to replace it with a new demo. If there is not much
difference between model years a previous years model is fine as a demo. Then the new bikes stay new
and full price. Just a thought.

[email protected] (GeoB) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > Any ideas on what it might go for?
>
> Nope. But I bought my 2001 USS from a dealer who had it on the floor for 11 months. Hard to say
> the miles, but it was 'new', had been a demo. I paid $800 for it. I have seen similar maybe a year
> or two older, on eBay for ~$600-650. Didja try to look at closed sales on eBay to see whut they
> went for?
>
> I just don't unnerstan why mine sat on the floor so long. They are popular.. He has lots of sales,
> he sold 5 recumbents that I know of in two days, the other day.

In this case the dealer hasn't replaced the R40. He has sold a passle of Rans, some GRRs, a few
other brands. The other day he sold 5 recumbents in one day. He sold a lovely GRR for $1500, had
only 1500 miles on it. Lots of extras, including the fairing. <sigh> My new bike campaign had not
gotten far enough along at that point to sway my Minister of Exchequer. <heavy sigh