Help on price for 2000 Vision?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Jason Pecor, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. Jason Pecor

    Jason Pecor Guest

    I have decided that it is probably time to sell my 2000 Vision R-40. It has OSS and less than 500
    miles. It is in terrific shape.

    Any ideas on what it might go for?

    I am located in west-central Wisconsin, about 1 hour from Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN.

    Thanks! Jason

    Tags:

  2. Philbert

    Philbert Guest

    A friend of mine just got a _really_ nice 2001 R45 w/suspension fork and similar mileage on e-Bay
    for 1100, shipping included. I paid 600 for an older, but very nice R42, about a year ago. You're
    somewhere in between, and probably little closer to the top of that range.

    "Jason Pecor" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I have decided that it is probably time to sell my 2000 Vision R-40. It has OSS and less than 500
    > miles. It is in terrific shape.
    >
    > Any ideas on what it might go for?
    >
    > I am located in west-central Wisconsin, about 1 hour from Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN.
    >
    > Thanks! Jason

  3. Geob

    Geob Guest

    > Any ideas on what it might go for?

    Nope. But I bought my 2001 USS from a dealer who had it on the floor for 11 months. Hard to say
    the miles, but it was 'new', had been a demo. I paid $800 for it. I have seen similar maybe a
    year or two older, on eBay for ~$600-650. Didja try to look at closed sales on eBay to see whut
    they went for?

    I just don't unnerstan why mine sat on the floor so long. They are popular.. He has lots of sales,
    he sold 5 recumbents that I know of in two days, the other day.

  4. Don

    Don Guest

    GeoB, Maybe the dealer did not want to sell demo before it had served its' purpose. Everytime a
    dealer sells a demo he reduces the price and has to replace it with a new demo. If there is not much
    difference between model years a previous years model is fine as a demo. Then the new bikes stay new
    and full price. Just a thought.

    [email protected] (GeoB) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Any ideas on what it might go for?
    >
    > Nope. But I bought my 2001 USS from a dealer who had it on the floor for 11 months. Hard to say
    > the miles, but it was 'new', had been a demo. I paid $800 for it. I have seen similar maybe a year
    > or two older, on eBay for ~$600-650. Didja try to look at closed sales on eBay to see whut they
    > went for?
    >
    > I just don't unnerstan why mine sat on the floor so long. They are popular.. He has lots of sales,
    > he sold 5 recumbents that I know of in two days, the other day.

  5. Geob

    Geob Guest

    In this case the dealer hasn't replaced the R40. He has sold a passle of Rans, some GRRs, a few
    other brands. The other day he sold 5 recumbents in one day. He sold a lovely GRR for $1500, had
    only 1500 miles on it. Lots of extras, including the fairing. <sigh> My new bike campaign had not
    gotten far enough along at that point to sway my Minister of Exchequer. <heavy sigh