Help on replacing a stolen bike -- (what to get?)

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Joe Potter, Jul 21, 2003.

  1. Joe Potter

    Joe Potter Guest

    Hello all,

    In 1997 I got a Trek 720 hybrid. I did not ride it till this year, and then I got into riding and
    loved it. I had the damn thing all tricked out to go to work on it this year. (I teach)

    I need the exercise to stay fit, so I will have to replace the bike. Unfortunately for me, this
    came at a terrible time. My wife just lost her job due to cut-backs and we find there is no real
    money for this.

    So, I hope to get one in a few months for under $500. I love to ride on the streets --- I like
    trails but have no time to go there.

    I am thinking IBEX Corrida CT 2.2 for $369 plus $35 shipping. Is this a good idea?

    see: http://www.ibexbikes.com/bikes_03CorridaCT.html

    Any ideas out there?

    Thanks.

    --
    Regards, Joe

    Tags:

  2. Joe Potter <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hello all,
    >
    > In 1997 I got a Trek 720 hybrid. I did not ride it till this year, and then I got into riding and
    > loved it. I had the damn thing all tricked out to go to work on it this year. (I teach)
    >
    > I need the exercise to stay fit, so I will have to replace the bike. Unfortunately for me, this
    > came at a terrible time. My wife just lost her job due to cut-backs and we find there is no real
    > money for this.
    >

    > So, I hope to get one in a few months for under $500. I love to ride on the streets --- I like
    > trails but have no time to go there.
    >
    > I am thinking IBEX Corrida CT 2.2 for $369 plus $35 shipping. Is this a good idea?

    Look around--you might be able to find something new and local and within your pricerange. You will
    have the benefit of riding bikes--just be sure about what you want. I use the 'net to buy
    components...I haven't yet done it for whole bikes.

    Good luck & get good lock, too!

    -Luigi

  3. tock

    tock Guest

    "Joe Potter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello all,
    >
    > In 1997 I got a Trek 720 hybrid. I did not ride it till this year, and
    then
    > I got into riding and loved it. I had the damn thing all tricked out to go to work on it this
    > year. (I teach)
    >
    > I need the exercise to stay fit, so I will have to replace the bike. Unfortunately for me, this
    > came at a terrible time. My wife just lost her job due to cut-backs and we find there is no real
    > money for this.
    >

    > So, I hope to get one in a few months for under $500. I love to ride on
    the
    > streets --- I like trails but have no time to go there.
    >
    > I am thinking IBEX Corrida CT 2.2 for $369 plus $35 shipping. Is this a
    good
    > idea?
    >
    > see: http://www.ibexbikes.com/bikes_03CorridaCT.html
    >
    > Any ideas out there?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > Regards, Joe

    You might consider the Kryptonite chains & locks that come with $500 or $3000 money-back guarantees
    if your bike is stolen. Masterlock has something along those lines, too. Too late for now, but
    helpful for next time. Forewarned is four armed, as the Hindu goddess says . . . --Tock