Help out a new buyer

Mattnum

Guest
Hi there, for the last severak years I have really wanted to buy a nice mountain bike that I can do
some technical riding on, uphill grinds and some downhill fun. A friend suggested that I look into a
hartail first along the lines of a Norco Torrent. I don't think I'll be doing huge drops within a
year but I learn fast. Also I'd love to be able to just rip along trails at mach 1 up and down. Any
basic tips you could give would be great. So far I have looked at Norco, Brodie and Kona.

[email protected] (Mattnum) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hi there, for the last severak years I have really wanted to buy a nice mountain bike that I can
> do some technical riding on, uphill grinds and some downhill fun. A friend suggested that I look
> into a hartail first along the lines of a Norco Torrent. I don't think I'll be doing huge drops
> within a year but I learn fast. Also I'd love to be able to just rip along trails at mach 1 up
> and down. Any basic tips you could give would be great. So far I have looked at Norco, Brodie
> and Kona.

That's too easy. Buy the red one.

paladin

Well that's a tough one .Ride up hill good ripe through trails and still do big drops In time.You
have to comprise some where most Mtn bikes that climb good and rip in the woods are not that good
for big drops ,The suspion is short 3/4 "most big hit bikes use 5/6" and are heaver and don't climb
well.Try a couple from a local shop .The f/s bikes with pro pedal suspion ride nice and are good
climbers.Id look towards Kona they are built tough . Good luck,remember $$$$ is the biggest thing .

--
J/O TrailBlazer at Large

"Jamie TrailBlazer At Large" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<nQMUb.186317$sv6.985337@attbi_s52>...
> Well that's a tough one .Ride up hill good ripe through trails and still do big drops In
> time.You have to comprise some where most Mtn bikes that climb good and rip in the woods are not
> that good for big drops ,The suspion is short 3/4 "most big hit bikes use 5/6" and are heaver
> and don't climb well.Try a couple from a local shop .The f/s bikes with pro pedal suspion ride
> nice and are good climbers.Id look towards Kona they are built tough . Good luck,remember $$$$
> is the biggest thing .

Thanks man. I don't need to be able to do huge drops but 6 ft to 10 every now and then with decent
landings would be swell. I was looking at the Norco VPS six, and it looked like a decent all around
bike. It had the Vanilla RC read shock and 6 inches of travel all around plus a granny ring for
climbing. Of course a hardtails are still really appealing. I'm torn arg. Mainly im looking at Kona
and Norco because there tough reputations in BC.