Help: Pannier Mounting on Cannondale Suspension Fork

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Hkek, Aug 4, 2003.

  1. Hkek

    Hkek Guest

    I'm working on getting all the paraphernalia for my bike trek... I'm looking for a front rake for my
    front panniers.

    I have a Cannondale Headshok 1" travel suspension fork, and it doesn't have any eyelets or bosses to
    attach the rake to the upper fork. What options are available to me as far as maybe some type of
    clamp to support the rake? I'd prefer not to weld or braze to this new bike. Thanks in advance!

    Tags:

  2. [email protected] schreef ...
    > I'm working on getting all the paraphernalia for my bike trek... I'm looking for a front rake for
    > my front panniers.
    >
    > I have a Cannondale Headshok 1" travel suspension fork, and it doesn't have any eyelets or bosses
    > to attach the rake to the upper fork. What options are available to me as far as maybe some type
    > of clamp to support the rake? I'd prefer not to weld or braze to this new bike. Thanks in advance!

    I used to use simple exhaust pipe "holders" (actually, U-shaped bolts with threads on both ends) to
    clamp the lowrider to the legs of a Pepperoni Tandem fork.

    --
    Regards, Marten

  3. Pete Grey

    Pete Grey Guest

    "Old Man Mountain" and at least one other manufacturer address this issue.

    They have a setup that clamps on the skewer, and the fork leg, taking the travel out of
    the equation.

    -pete

    "HKEK" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm working on getting all the paraphernalia for my bike trek... I'm looking for a front rake for
    > my front panniers.
    >
    > I have a Cannondale Headshok 1" travel suspension fork, and it doesn't have any eyelets or bosses
    > to attach the rake to the upper fork. What options are available to me as far as maybe some type
    > of clamp to support the rake? I'd prefer not to weld or braze to this new bike. Thanks in advance!

  4. Hkek

    Hkek Guest

    Check this out! This will do it...

    http://www.oldmanmountain.com/sherpa_front_details.htm