HELP! Polar speed sensor on rear wheel

alui

Dec 7, 2004
Hi
I can't get my polar speed sensor working on the rear wheel. I boosted the range on it but appear to be about 5-10 cm short still. I had it mounted on the right seat stay and it was about 85 cm from the receiver. Whoever has gotten the setup to work please message me with your setup. Thanks

If you are talking about the wireless set up it needs to be placed on the front wheel and the sensor mounted on the fork.

There was a thread on this not too long ago. You might want to try doing a search. Mounting a speed sensor on the rear is done so you can get speed and other information when using a trainer.

I have successfully mounted my Polar speed sensor on the back wheel for trainer purposes. There was a post a while back where I was able to get instructions on taking the cover off of the speed sensor and adjusting the sensor to send out a stronger signal. I was having problems with dropped signals even on the fork and this really made a difference. I turned it up as far as it would go and was able to then put it on the back wheel for my trainer.

The document I have was sent to a member who got it from Polar with instructions on turning up the speed sensor signal. Send me an IM with your email address and I can forward the document to you.

FYI - I have a 720i.

agile said:
I have successfully mounted my Polar speed sensor on the back wheel for trainer purposes. There was a post a while back where I was able to get instructions on taking the cover off of the speed sensor and adjusting the sensor to send out a stronger signal. I was having problems with dropped signals even on the fork and this really made a difference. I turned it up as far as it would go and was able to then put it on the back wheel for my trainer.

The document I have was sent to a member who got it from Polar with instructions on turning up the speed sensor signal. Send me an IM with your email address and I can forward the document to you.

FYI - I have a 720i.
Hi Agile, I am experiencing the same problem to install the sensor on rear wheel, can you help send me the instruction to enlarge the signal distance, many many [email protected]

Hi, I am experiencing the same problem to install the sensor on rear wheel, can you help send me the instruction to enlarge the signal distance, many many [email protected]

Hi, I am a Polar user in Asia, I am experiencing the same problem to install the sensor on rear wheel, can you help send me the instruction to enlarge the signal distance, many many [email protected]

Hi, I am a Polar user in Asia, I am experiencing the same problem to install the sensor on rear wheel, I have a big headache to place my wristwatch(625X), can you help send me the instruction to enlarge the signal distance, many many [email protected]

agile said:

FYI - I have a 720i.
Hi, I am a Polar user in Asia, I am experiencing the same problem to install the sensor on rear wheel, I have a big headache to place my wristwatch(625X), can you help send me the instruction to enlarge the signal distance, many many [email protected]