HELP - Punctures - What Tyres ???

Gary

Guest
Hi,

My bike is a hybrid, I do 60% road and 40% off road i.e. grassed
footpath / shale forest road etc. I am forever picking up THORN
punctures.

Can anyone suggest a tyre whose composite will resist in helping me
stop picking up so many punctures of this kind.

Present tyres are 26 x 2.10 EXTREME XC - TIOGRA Dont know if this
make means anything !

Many Thanks

Gary.

www.schwalbe.co.uk/c2-1071-schwalbe-tires-marathon-plus.html

> Present tyres are 26 x 2.10 EXTREME XC - TIOGRA Dont know if this
> make means anything !

Probably size 26 x 1.75 will be OK too.

~PB

On 2 Jan, 20:08, "Pete Biggs"
<[email protected]> wrote:
> ps.  This version might be more suitable for the off-road bits -
>
>  www.schwalbe.co.uk/c2-1072-marathon-plus-atb.html
>
> - but personally I'd go for the Marathon Plus for the mixture of riding
> described.
>
> ~PB

Seconded - I use Marathon Plus and find they stand up to almost
everything (except flint flakes when they work in, but nothing stops
those).

Jon

Gary <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My bike is a hybrid, I do 60% road and 40% off road i.e. grassed
> footpath / shale forest road etc. I am forever picking up THORN
> punctures.
>
> Can anyone suggest a tyre whose composite will resist in helping me
> stop picking up so many punctures of this kind.
>
> Present tyres are 26 x 2.10 EXTREME XC - TIOGRA Dont know if this
> make means anything !
>
> Many Thanks
>
> Gary.

if you don't go too much off road, then may be one of the Schwalbe
marathon family will do?

i have them on my old mountain bike which i use 99% on road, but i have
taken them light off roading, richmound park etc cope fine. no problems.

roger
--
www.rogermerriman.com