Help recovering stolen recumbent trike.

Wirral John

Guest
Hi all, Friend of mine has had his Greenspeed recumbent
trike stolen from outside a supermarket on the Wirral here
in the UK.

It's red, frame No. not known at the moment. If anyone
sees one being sold, abandoned or whatever, can they tell
the police.

The bent isn't insured and the guy's gutted.

Thanks everyone.

Cheers John

"Wirral John" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi all, Friend of mine has had his Greenspeed recumbent
> trike stolen from outside
> supermarket on the Wirral here in the UK.
>
> It's red, frame No. not known at the moment. If anyone
> sees one being
sold,
> abandoned or whatever, can they tell the police.
>
> The bent isn't insured and the guy's gutted.
>
> Thanks everyone.
>
> Cheers John

The frame No. GTR 20200844.

Thanks again

John

I live on the Wirral. I'll keep my eyes open. What area was
the recumbent stolen in?

John

"Wirral John" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> "Wirral John" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:[email protected]...
> > Hi all, Friend of mine has had his Greenspeed recumbent
> > trike stolen from
outside

Wirral John wrote:

> "Wirral John" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:[email protected]...
> > Hi all, Friend of mine has had his Greenspeed recumbent
> > trike stolen from outside
> > supermarket on the Wirral here in the UK.
> >
> > It's red, frame No. not known at the moment. If anyone
> > sees one being
> sold,
> > abandoned or whatever, can they tell the police.
> >
> > The bent isn't insured and the guy's gutted.
> >
> > Thanks everyone.
> >
> > Cheers John
> >

> The frame No. GTR 20200844.
>
> Thanks again
>
> John

Might be worth putting it on the Cycling Plus Forum; they
have a section for stolen machines:
http://www.cyclingplus.co.uk/forum/

Good luck.

John B

> I live on the Wirral. I'll keep my eyes open. What area
> was the recumbent stolen in?
>
> John
>
> "Wirral John" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:[email protected]...
> >

> > "Wirral John" <[email protected]> wrote in
> > message news:[email protected]...
> > > Hi all, Friend of mine has had his Greenspeed
> > > recumbent trike stolen from
> outside
> > > supermarket on the Wirral here in the UK.
> > >
> > > It's red, frame No. not known at the moment. If anyone
> > > sees one being
> > sold,
> > > abandoned or whatever, can they tell the police.
> > >
> > > The bent isn't insured and the guy's gutted.
> > >
> > > Thanks everyone.
> > >
> > > Cheers John
> > >

> > The frame No. GTR 20200844.
> >
> > Thanks again
> >
> > John

Hi John, It was outside Safeways in West Kirby. Your neck of
the woods?

Cheers John

No I'm on the other side, Tranmere, but I'll keep my eyes
open. Being a recumbent it should stand out and lets hope
the person or persons who took it get their comeuppance and
the trike returned.

John

"Wirral John" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> "John" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:iWGuc.204$vQ3.39@newsfe3-
> gui...
> > I live on the Wirral. I'll keep my eyes open. What area
> > was the
recumbent
> > stolen in?
> >
> > John
> >
> > "Wirral John" <[email protected]> wrote in
> > message news:[email protected]...
> > >

> > > "Wirral John" <[email protected]> wrote in
> > > message news:[email protected]...
> > outside

being

On Mon, 31 May 2004 14:13:06 +0100, JohnB wrote:

> Wirral John wrote:
>>
>> "Wirral John" <[email protected]> wrote in
>> message news:[email protected]...
>> > Hi all, Friend of mine has had his Greenspeed recumbent
>> > trike stolen from outside
>> > supermarket on the Wirral here in the UK.
>> >
>> > It's red, frame No. not known at the moment. If anyone
>> > sees one being
>> sold,
>> > abandoned or whatever, can they tell the police.

I'm not around there, but I will keep an eye out.

>> > The bent isn't insured and the guy's gutted.

Tell him not to give up. It's difficult to go unnoticed on
a 'bent so there is probably a reasonable chance of
getting it back.

FWIW when my recumbent was stolen, I managed to find several
people who had seen it by going round small shops and
chatting to people as I was putting up 'stolen' notices. A
previous round of 'stolen' notices that a friend posted for
me, got no reply.

I hope your friend finds it,

Kit

In article <[email protected]>,
"Wirral John" <[email protected]> writes:

> The frame No. GTR 20200844.

Put up a best-possible description with any available photos
on a webpage, so that anyone who sees a possible candidate
can make a sanity check before risking the hassle and
embarassment of a groundless report to police.

--
Nick Kew

"Nick Kew" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, "Wirral John"
> <[email protected]> writes:
>
> > The frame No. GTR 20200844.
>
> Put up a best-possible description with any available
> photos on a webpage, so that anyone who sees a possible
> candidate can make a sanity check before risking the
> hassle and embarassment of a groundless report to
police.

> --
> Nick Kew

Thanks Nick, As said, the trike isn't mine, so I've no
photos, but will talk to the guy who owns it and suggest it.

Once again, thanks.

Cheers John