Help - serious sugar problems

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by sp-sugar, Dec 23, 2005.

  1. sp-sugar

    sp-sugar Guest

    I'm trying to cut back on my sweets, but I can't seem to do it.

    I quit for a week several months ago, and it was great. But then I
    started up again, and it is worse than ever. Cookies and candy are
    about all I eat. Cookies seem like health food these days.

    Can anyone help me out? Any good resources? Anyone want to give it a
    shot with me? Maybe I need a partner.

    I'm not doing this to lose weight. I just want to eat more healthy and
    be a better example for my family. I also want to keep my teeth a
    little longer and avoid all of the serious health problems I'm sure I'm
    going to face if I keep this up.

    Thanks!

    Tags:

  2. Butch up.

    --
    You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW

    "sp-sugar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I'm trying to cut back on my sweets, but I can't seem to do it.
    >
    > I quit for a week several months ago, and it was great. But then I
    > started up again, and it is worse than ever. Cookies and candy are
    > about all I eat. Cookies seem like health food these days.
    >
    > Can anyone help me out? Any good resources? Anyone want to give it a
    > shot with me? Maybe I need a partner.
    >
    > I'm not doing this to lose weight. I just want to eat more healthy and
    > be a better example for my family. I also want to keep my teeth a
    > little longer and avoid all of the serious health problems I'm sure I'm
    > going to face if I keep this up.
    >
    > Thanks!

  3. Ernst Primer

    Ernst Primer Guest

    sp-sugar wrote:
    > I'm trying to cut back on my sweets, but I can't seem to do it.
    >
    > I quit for a week several months ago, and it was great. But then I
    > started up again, and it is worse than ever. Cookies and candy are
    > about all I eat. Cookies seem like health food these days.
    >
    > Can anyone help me out? Any good resources? Anyone want to give it a
    > shot with me? Maybe I need a partner.
    >
    > I'm not doing this to lose weight. I just want to eat more healthy and
    > be a better example for my family. I also want to keep my teeth a
    > little longer and avoid all of the serious health problems I'm sure I'm
    > going to face if I keep this up.
    >
    > Thanks!

    I can't give you any better tips than *just* *stop*.

  4. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Geez that was real helpful JC
    I'm sure all their problem will go away now

    --
    Joe
    Diabetes, be proactive, not reactive.

    "Troll" -- a socially challenged individual whose activity or behaviour
    is to post deliberately purile and asinine opinions or statements, looking
    invoke or incite a response to fulfill social interaction that might be
    otherwise lacking in their life.

    "JC Der Koenig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Butch up.
    >
    > --
    > You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW

  5. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Geez that was real helpful JC
    I'm sure all their problems will go away now.

    --
    Joe
    Diabetes, be proactive, not reactive.

    Protesting the war in a newsgroup is like selling opera tickets at a
    baseball game, people know why you are there, but thats NOT why they are
    there.

    "Troll" -- a socially challenged individual whose activity or behaviour
    is to post deliberately purile and asinine opinions or statements, looking
    invoke or incite a response to fulfill social interaction that might be
    otherwise lacking in their life.

    "JC Der Koenig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Butch up.
    >
    > --
    > You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW

  6. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Ernst Primer" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > sp-sugar wrote:
    > > I'm trying to cut back on my sweets, but I can't seem to do it.
    > >
    > > I quit for a week several months ago, and it was great. But then I
    > > started up again, and it is worse than ever. Cookies and candy are
    > > about all I eat. Cookies seem like health food these days.
    > >
    > > Can anyone help me out? Any good resources? Anyone want to give it a
    > > shot with me? Maybe I need a partner.
    > >
    > > I'm not doing this to lose weight. I just want to eat more healthy and
    > > be a better example for my family. I also want to keep my teeth a
    > > little longer and avoid all of the serious health problems I'm sure I'm
    > > going to face if I keep this up.
    > >
    > > Thanks!

    > I can't give you any better tips than *just* *stop*.

    They might be able to wean themselves off of sugar using Splenda.
    Not the perfect solution, but sugar CAN be a real addiction!
    --
    Om.

  7. "Troll" -- An idiot who understands neither punctuation nor grammar, and
    has a penchant for double posting.

    --
    You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW

    "Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Geez that was real helpful JC
    > I'm sure all their problem will go away now

  8. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Rofl!!!!!

    --
    Joe
    Diabetes, be proactive, not reactive.

    Protesting the war in a newsgroup is like selling opera tickets at a
    baseball game, people know why you are there, but thats NOT why they are
    there.

    "Troll" -- a socially challenged individual whose activity or behaviour
    is to post deliberately purile and asinine opinions or statements, looking
    invoke or incite a response to fulfill social interaction that might be
    otherwise lacking in their life.

    "JC Der Koenig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Troll" -- An idiot who understands neither punctuation nor grammar, and
    > has a penchant for double posting.
    >
    > --
    > You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW
    >

    > "Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Geez that was real helpful JC
    >> I'm sure all their problem will go away now

  9. cherisec

    cherisec Guest

    One thing that has helped me kick some serious sweets cravings is uping my
    water intake. It sounds funny but it's true. When I get a serious craving
    for sweets, I drink a HUGE glass of water, munch a little ice and go for a
    walk or find somethingto occupy myself.
    Hope that helps.

    "sp-sugar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I'm trying to cut back on my sweets, but I can't seem to do it.
    >
    > I quit for a week several months ago, and it was great. But then I
    > started up again, and it is worse than ever. Cookies and candy are
    > about all I eat. Cookies seem like health food these days.
    >
    > Can anyone help me out? Any good resources? Anyone want to give it a
    > shot with me? Maybe I need a partner.
    >
    > I'm not doing this to lose weight. I just want to eat more healthy and
    > be a better example for my family. I also want to keep my teeth a
    > little longer and avoid all of the serious health problems I'm sure I'm
    > going to face if I keep this up.
    >
    > Thanks!

  10. sp-sugar

    sp-sugar Guest

    Thank you for your message. I will try this. I always drink a lot of
    water with my sweets. I never thought about just skipping the
    sweets...

    Thanks again.