Help - serious sugar problems

sp-sugar

Guest
I'm trying to cut back on my sweets, but I can't seem to do it.

I quit for a week several months ago, and it was great. But then I
started up again, and it is worse than ever. Cookies and candy are
about all I eat. Cookies seem like health food these days.

Can anyone help me out? Any good resources? Anyone want to give it a
shot with me? Maybe I need a partner.

I'm not doing this to lose weight. I just want to eat more healthy and
be a better example for my family. I also want to keep my teeth a
little longer and avoid all of the serious health problems I'm sure I'm
going to face if I keep this up.

Thanks!

Butch up.

--
You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW

news:[email protected]...

sp-sugar wrote:
> I'm trying to cut back on my sweets, but I can't seem to do it.
>
> I quit for a week several months ago, and it was great. But then I
> started up again, and it is worse than ever. Cookies and candy are
> about all I eat. Cookies seem like health food these days.
>
> Can anyone help me out? Any good resources? Anyone want to give it a
> shot with me? Maybe I need a partner.
>
> I'm not doing this to lose weight. I just want to eat more healthy and
> be a better example for my family. I also want to keep my teeth a
> little longer and avoid all of the serious health problems I'm sure I'm
> going to face if I keep this up.
>
> Thanks!

I can't give you any better tips than *just* *stop*.

Geez that was real helpful JC
I'm sure all their problem will go away now

--
Joe
Diabetes, be proactive, not reactive.

"Troll" -- a socially challenged individual whose activity or behaviour
is to post deliberately purile and asinine opinions or statements, looking
invoke or incite a response to fulfill social interaction that might be
otherwise lacking in their life.

"JC Der Koenig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Butch up.
>
> --
> You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW

Geez that was real helpful JC
I'm sure all their problems will go away now.

--
Joe
Diabetes, be proactive, not reactive.

Protesting the war in a newsgroup is like selling opera tickets at a
baseball game, people know why you are there, but thats NOT why they are
there.

"Troll" -- a socially challenged individual whose activity or behaviour
is to post deliberately purile and asinine opinions or statements, looking
invoke or incite a response to fulfill social interaction that might be
otherwise lacking in their life.

"JC Der Koenig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Butch up.
>
> --
> You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW

In article <[email protected]>,
"Ernst Primer" <[email protected]> wrote:

> sp-sugar wrote:
> > I'm trying to cut back on my sweets, but I can't seem to do it.
> >
> > I quit for a week several months ago, and it was great. But then I
> > started up again, and it is worse than ever. Cookies and candy are
> > about all I eat. Cookies seem like health food these days.
> >
> > Can anyone help me out? Any good resources? Anyone want to give it a
> > shot with me? Maybe I need a partner.
> >
> > I'm not doing this to lose weight. I just want to eat more healthy and
> > be a better example for my family. I also want to keep my teeth a
> > little longer and avoid all of the serious health problems I'm sure I'm
> > going to face if I keep this up.
> >
> > Thanks!

> I can't give you any better tips than *just* *stop*.

They might be able to wean themselves off of sugar using Splenda.
Not the perfect solution, but sugar CAN be a real addiction!
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

"Troll" -- An idiot who understands neither punctuation nor grammar, and
has a penchant for double posting.

--
You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW

"Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Geez that was real helpful JC
> I'm sure all their problem will go away now

Rofl!!!!!

--
Joe
Diabetes, be proactive, not reactive.

Protesting the war in a newsgroup is like selling opera tickets at a
baseball game, people know why you are there, but thats NOT why they are
there.

"Troll" -- a socially challenged individual whose activity or behaviour
is to post deliberately purile and asinine opinions or statements, looking
invoke or incite a response to fulfill social interaction that might be
otherwise lacking in their life.

"JC Der Koenig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Troll" -- An idiot who understands neither punctuation nor grammar, and
> has a penchant for double posting.
>
> --
> You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW
>

> "Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Geez that was real helpful JC
>> I'm sure all their problem will go away now

One thing that has helped me kick some serious sweets cravings is uping my
water intake. It sounds funny but it's true. When I get a serious craving
for sweets, I drink a HUGE glass of water, munch a little ice and go for a
walk or find somethingto occupy myself.
Hope that helps.

"sp-sugar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm trying to cut back on my sweets, but I can't seem to do it.
>
> I quit for a week several months ago, and it was great. But then I
> started up again, and it is worse than ever. Cookies and candy are
> about all I eat. Cookies seem like health food these days.
>
> Can anyone help me out? Any good resources? Anyone want to give it a
> shot with me? Maybe I need a partner.
>
> I'm not doing this to lose weight. I just want to eat more healthy and
> be a better example for my family. I also want to keep my teeth a
> little longer and avoid all of the serious health problems I'm sure I'm
> going to face if I keep this up.
>
> Thanks!

Thank you for your message. I will try this. I always drink a lot of
water with my sweets. I never thought about just skipping the
sweets...

Thanks again.