Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Help setting up disk brakes

Started by mark solesbury · · Last activity · 3 posts · 478 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
12 June 2004
Last activity
12 June 2004
Original author
mark solesbury
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
478
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi all.

    Ive just bought myself a Claud Butler Pagan 2004, and need some help setting
    up the disk brakes on it.

    Should the pad gently touch the disk all the while, or should it not be
    incontact with the disk unless the brake is pushed?

    I think the rear one is no-way as sstrong as the front. Is this wrong, or
    just because the cable has further to go?

    Whats the general feeling on this bike then? I thought it was good for the
    money (£240).

    Thanks,

    Mark.

  2. It can be a problem to not get them to drag. Even new rotors I have brought
    are slightly bent.
    "mark solesbury" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi all.

    Ive just bought myself a Claud Butler Pagan 2004, and need some help


    setting

    Quoted message said:

    up the disk brakes on it.

    Should the pad gently touch the disk all the while, or should it not be
    incontact with the disk unless the brake is pushed?

    I think the rear one is no-way as sstrong as the front. Is this wrong, or
    just because the cable has further to go?

    Whats the general feeling on this bike then? I thought it was good for the
    money (£240).

    Thanks,

    Mark.

  3. yeah, they do drag a little.

    What do you think. Back to retailer? or is this a 'feature'

    "Dean A. Stepper" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:lwKyc.63405$tI2.32849@fed1read07...

    Quoted message said:

    It can be a problem to not get them to drag. Even new rotors I have


    brought

    Quoted message said:

    are slightly bent.
    "mark solesbury" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi all.

    Ive just bought myself a Claud Butler Pagan 2004, and need some help


    setting

    Quoted message said:

    up the disk brakes on it.

    Should the pad gently touch the disk all the while, or should it not be
    incontact with the disk unless the brake is pushed?

    I think the rear one is no-way as sstrong as the front. Is this wrong,


    or

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    just because the cable has further to go?

    Whats the general feeling on this bike then? I thought it was good for


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    money (£240).

    Thanks,

    Mark.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.