Help setting up disk brakes

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Mark Solesbury, Jun 12, 2004.

  1. Hi all.

    Ive just bought myself a Claud Butler Pagan 2004, and need
    some help setting up the disk brakes on it.

    Should the pad gently touch the disk all the while, or
    should it not be incontact with the disk unless the brake
    is pushed?

    I think the rear one is no-way as sstrong as the front. Is
    this wrong, or just because the cable has further to go?

    Whats the general feeling on this bike then? I thought it
    was good for the money (£240).

    Thanks,

    Mark.

    Tags:

  2. It can be a problem to not get them to drag. Even new rotors I have brought
    are slightly bent.
    "mark solesbury" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all.
    >
    > Ive just bought myself a Claud Butler Pagan 2004, and need
    > some help
    setting
    > up the disk brakes on it.
    >
    > Should the pad gently touch the disk all the while, or
    > should it not be incontact with the disk unless the brake
    > is pushed?
    >
    > I think the rear one is no-way as sstrong as the front. Is
    > this wrong, or just because the cable has further to go?
    >
    > Whats the general feeling on this bike then? I thought it
    > was good for the money (£240).
    >

    > Thanks,
    >

    > Mark.

  3. yeah, they do drag a little.

    What do you think. Back to retailer? or is this a 'feature'

    "Dean A. Stepper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > It can be a problem to not get them to drag. Even new
    > rotors I have
    brought
    > are slightly bent. "mark solesbury"
    > <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > gui.server.ntli.net...
    > > Hi all.
    > >
    > > Ive just bought myself a Claud Butler Pagan 2004, and
    > > need some help
    > setting
    > > up the disk brakes on it.
    > >
    > > Should the pad gently touch the disk all the while, or
    > > should it not be incontact with the disk unless the
    > > brake is pushed?
    > >
    > > I think the rear one is no-way as sstrong as the front.
    > > Is this wrong,
    or
    > > just because the cable has further to go?
    > >
    > > Whats the general feeling on this bike then? I thought
    > > it was good for
    the