Help setting up disk brakes

mark solesbury

Guest
Hi all.

Ive just bought myself a Claud Butler Pagan 2004, and need some help setting
up the disk brakes on it.

Should the pad gently touch the disk all the while, or should it not be
incontact with the disk unless the brake is pushed?

I think the rear one is no-way as sstrong as the front. Is this wrong, or
just because the cable has further to go?

Whats the general feeling on this bike then? I thought it was good for the
money (£240).

Thanks,

Mark.

It can be a problem to not get them to drag. Even new rotors I have brought
are slightly bent.
"mark solesbury" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi all.
>
> Ive just bought myself a Claud Butler Pagan 2004, and need some help

setting
> up the disk brakes on it.
>
> Should the pad gently touch the disk all the while, or should it not be
> incontact with the disk unless the brake is pushed?
>
> I think the rear one is no-way as sstrong as the front. Is this wrong, or
> just because the cable has further to go?
>
> Whats the general feeling on this bike then? I thought it was good for the
> money (£240).
>

> Thanks,
>

> Mark.

yeah, they do drag a little.

What do you think. Back to retailer? or is this a 'feature'