help shape the future of biking on long island

sick4surf

New Member
Dec 1, 2003
take the bicycling and walking survey

"...ensure that your voice is heard, as we prepare to shape the (non-motorized) future of Long Island!"
- George E. Pataki, Governor

click here:

http://www.walkbikeli.com/
_________________
~~~~~~~~ __o
~~~~~~~~ \ < __
__________(_)/(_)_____/ \__

Michael
CLIMB Trail Steward
Stillwell Woods

"sick4surf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> take the bicycling and walking survey
>
> "...ensure that your voice is heard, as we prepare to shape the (non- motorized) future of Long
> Island!"
> - George E. Pataki, Governor

How does someone speak a phrase in parenthesis?

a.

sick4surf <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> take the bicycling and walking survey
>
> "...ensure that your voice is heard, as we prepare to shape the (non- motorized) future of Long
> Island!"
> - George E. Pataki, Governor
>
> click here:
>
> http://www.walkbikeli.com/
> _________________
> ~~~~~~~~ __o ~~~~~~~~ \ < __ __________(_)/(_)_____/ \__
>
> Michael CLIMB Trail Steward Stillwell Woods
>

> --

Done! Thanks for the link. /s

"sick4surf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> take the bicycling and walking survey
>
> "...ensure that your voice is heard, as we prepare to shape the (non- motorized) future of Long
> Island!"
> - George E. Pataki, Governor
>
> click here:

Shaun aRe, on short (butt wide, at the bottom(intended)) island.

"sick4surf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> take the bicycling and walking survey
>
> "...ensure that your voice is heard, as we prepare to shape the (non- motorized) future of Long
> Island!"
> - George E. Pataki, Governor
>
> click here:
>
> http://www.walkbikeli.com/
> _________________
> ~~~~~~~~ __o ~~~~~~~~ \ < __ __________(_)/(_)_____/ \__
>
> Michael CLIMB Trail Steward Stillwell Woods

A very (mis)leading question:

#6 "Please complete the following statement. The majority of my time
bicycling on Long Island is spent on..." -Sidewalks -Multi-use paths -Off-road/mountain bike trails
-Shoulders of paved roads -Bicycle lanes on roads -Unpaved roads -Other

What about a choice for 'on road'? Neither the shoulder or a 'bike lane', but on the actual street
surface. I'd have to select "Other"

Pete

"Pete" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> A very (mis)leading question:
>
> #6 "Please complete the following statement. The majority of my time
> bicycling on Long Island is spent on..." -Sidewalks -Multi-use paths -Off-road/mountain bike
> trails -Shoulders of paved roads -Bicycle lanes on roads -Unpaved roads -Other
>
> What about a choice for 'on road'? Neither the shoulder or a 'bike lane', but on the actual street
> surface. I'd have to select "Other"

There are no bike lanes on Long Island and when you do ride on the road, you take your life into
your own hands. They probably stated the question that way in order to not promote the usage of
roads by people on bikes.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

"Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Pete" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > A very (mis)leading question:
> >
> > #6 "Please complete the following statement. The majority of my time
> > bicycling on Long Island is spent on..." -Sidewalks -Multi-use paths -Off-road/mountain bike
> > trails -Shoulders of paved roads -Bicycle lanes on roads -Unpaved roads -Other
> >
> > What about a choice for 'on road'? Neither the shoulder or a 'bike
lane',
> > but on the actual street surface. I'd have to select "Other"
>
> There are no bike lanes on Long Island and when you do ride on the road,
you
> take your life into your own hands. They probably stated the question that way in order to not
> promote the usage of roads by people on bikes.

Even though, in the absence of on-road bike lanes or a MUP that actually goes somewhere, that is the
only *legal* way to get from A to B.

Pete