Help - SPD issue

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Podgemaster, Feb 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Podgemaster

Podgemaster Guest

Hi all, I have a problem, I don't know how it happened but part of cleat has come away from shoe,
    and is jammed in the pedal, anyone know how to get it out. I have Shimano M515 pedals. I know I can
    release it by twisting it, but I can not get a good enough leverage on it. I am also concerned by
    releasing the tension too much on the pedal, as I remember reading if you make it too loose you need
    a special tool to fix it back properly.

Any ideas

Thanks

Tags:

2. Alex Graham

Alex Graham Guest

PodgeMaster wrote:

> I have a problem, I don't know how it happened but part of cleat has come away from shoe, and is
    > jammed in the pedal, anyone know how to get it out. I have Shimano M515 pedals. I know I can
    > release it by twisting it, but I can not get a good enough leverage on it. I am also concerned by
    > releasing the tension too much on the pedal, as I remember reading if you make it too loose you
    > need a special tool to fix it back properly.

I'm not sure about needing a special tool.

When I got my first pair of spuds, M515s, I didnt do the cleat bolts up tightly enough, clipped the
    pedal onto the shoe (it wasnt attatched to the bike at this point, I was just fiddling) and so when
    I twisted the shoe the clear just movec with it. I released it by simply prising back the clip with
    a screwdriver (ie the bit of the pedal that moves, with the spring and tension adjusty thing under
    it). I dunno if this will work for you, or if youve tried it already. The tension was set quite low
    at the time tho.

--

-Alex

----------------------------------
    [email protected]

http://alexpg.ath.cx:3353/cycling.php http://www.westerleycycling.org.uk
    ----------------------------------

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.