HELP! They don't have the bike I want in the right COLOR!!!

AmpedCycle

Dec 29, 2004
Ahhhhhhhh!:( They might not have the bike I want in the right color! How do I suck it up and take it like a man! Check out this bike that comes in two colors! Tell me how much you like the black one because they might be out of stock of the blue one! O cruel god, howest thou mocketh me!
06TarmacExpert_Ger_l.jpg

06TarmacExpert_l.jpg

AmpedCycle said:
Ahhhhhhhh!:( They might not have the bike I want in the right color! How do I suck it up and take it like a man! Check out this bike that comes in two colors! Tell me how much you like the black one because they might be out of stock of the blue one! O cruel god, howest thou mocketh me!
06TarmacExpert_Ger_l.jpg

06TarmacExpert_l.jpg
Black always works

parawolf said:
The black one would be great, if you stripped the stickers off and sprayed it a kind of metallic blue...
Blue, definitely blue. The stickers may be under a clear coat so check before you attempt to remove them. The black one is boring just like Ti. The blue one looks more classic. By the way what color do you prefer...red?

This is truly one of those bike that must be seen in person to appreciate. Pictures just don't do it justice. I've seen both and like both but, the black one is killer looking when you see it up close and personal.

Sheesh - I'm going to give the cruel answer you want - yeah suck it up and take it like a man. I'm freaking lucky to find a frame in my size much less have a choice in the color!!!!! btw - my size in the only cf frame that is made small enough for me (happens to be a Specialized too) is out of stock so I have to wait in any case. Buy the black - its not too much of a compromise and it looks nicer than the blue anyway if you ask me.

Spending that kind of money I'd suggest you get what you really want...I mean you are going to have to go out to the garage and get on it every day for at least a couple of years if not longer. I wouldn't rush because black is immediately available and I would give some serious consideration to compromising. The very last thing you want is to have the bike home, ridden it for a week or two and "wish" you'd gotten the blue. So, if you really want blue hold out for it. If you are ambivalent on the color, sounds like you're not, then black is a good option.

Who is "they"?
Specialized dealers are all over the place. Hold out for the one you want.

Your regular dealer can order a blue one- just a matter of how long it would take. If you have a good relationship with your dealer go this route.
A different dealer might have one in stock - might just have to go a little farther. Your regular dealer will be happy to provide any service on a bike you got from somewhere else.

That is a pretty sweet bike, but it would bother me that the straight path of the rear brake cable doesn't follow the curved path of the top "tube".

DiabloScott said:
Who is "they"?
Specialized dealers are all over the place. Hold out for the one you want.

Your regular dealer can order a blue one- just a matter of how long it would take. If you have a good relationship with your dealer go this route.
A different dealer might have one in stock - might just have to go a little farther. Your regular dealer will be happy to provide any service on a bike you got from somewhere else.

That is a pretty sweet bike, but it would bother me that the straight path of the rear brake cable doesn't follow the curved path of the top "tube".
It may not be as simple as all that. I don't know about the Tarmac, as I gather it is a pretty popular frame, but I've also been looking at a Specialized CF frame (the Ruby Pro) They made a rather limited number of them - I heard 9 - yes 9 total for the whole USA, in my size (44cm - yes this is very small and no one else makes the size/geometry that I need in CF) so I have to wait for the next model year to get one at all, much less worry about the color it comes in, which is one anyway. It may very well be that the blue is gone for this year and the wait will be until August at the very least.

You can't do this with blue....

they gotta catch me if they want me to hang
'Cause I'm back on the track and I'm beatin' the pack,
Nobody's gonna get me on another rap
So look at me now, I'm just a makin' my pay,
Don't try to push your luck, just get outta my way

'Cause I'm back! Yes, I'm back!
Well, I'm back! Yeah, I'm back!
Well, I'm baaack, baaack...
Well, I'm back in black,
Yes, I'm back in black!
Let's go!

L

I'm not a blue fan and like black betterso I like the black bike but I don't like the white trim on the top tube. Maybe make them try harder and bug the QW#@!#@ out of them so they can get you what you want. If it we're me, for the price I'm paying, I don't need to suck it up, I want what I want and that's what I'm gonna get. Just my opinion.

AmpedCycle said:
06TarmacExpert_Ger_l.jpg

06TarmacExpert_l.jpg

AmpedCycle said:
I'm tired of black bikes. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I like the Specialized red\black scheme (I notice Merckx using same scheme this year) and the blue looks great. I would hold out.

What size have you been fitted for ? I work next to Bob's Bicycle, I can check Bicyles Plus in Folsom and Golden Spoke in Placerville.

Eden: That mountain in Washington that had the reputation of Mt. Washington in Vermont:D is called Steptoe Butte. Charles Haney took an awsome photo of a guy climbing Steptoe on a Tri or TT bike ? and the ride and photo where featured in Bicycle magazine June or July of 2004.

Lw

lwedge said:
Eden: That mountain in Washington that had the reputation of Mt. Washington in Vermont:D is called Steptoe Butte. Charles Haney took an awsome photo of a guy climbing Steptoe on a Tri or TT bike ? and the ride and photo where featured in Bicycle magazine June or July of 2004.

Lw
I hadn't heard of it. I'll have to look that one up - when I can finally get my Ruby I understand it is an awesome climber......:p

lwedge said:
I'm tired of black bikes. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I like the Specialized red\black scheme (I notice Merckx using same scheme this year) and the blue looks great. I would hold out.

What size have you been fitted for ? I work next to Bob's Bicycle, I can check Bicyles Plus in Folsom and Golden Spoke in Placerville.

Lw
Ahh, my man in shingle springs! Good to see you here. I've been fitted for a 61 cm... (tarmac expert). I was thinking about calling up that way, too. Take a peek if you want, it might help! I'd appreciate it!

Golden Spoke can have the Team Gerolsteiner blue 61cm in 4 days. $2499.00.

I haven't heard back from BP and Bob's has a ton of Roo-bays but no Tarmacs.

lwedge said:
Golden Spoke can have the Team Gerolsteiner blue 61cm in 4 days. $2499.00.

I haven't heard back from BP and Bob's has a ton of Roo-bays but no Tarmacs.
Hey alright! That's great news... I just called them too, and they said that you called asking about them. I'm waiting for a call back from Rufus, who is calling specialized right now to see about ordering this bike! Hey, I really appreciate your help... I'm going to shoot up to placerville to put a deposit down when I get the final word.
I'll have to cruise by when I'm in the neighborhood, and thanks again! To tell you the truth, I heard so many different things from so many different bike shops that it's ridiculous. It seems like the golden spoke is a good one.

AmpedCycle said:
Hey alright! That's great news... I just called them too, and they said that you called asking about them. I'm waiting for a call back from Rufus, who is calling specialized right now to see about ordering this bike! Hey, I really appreciate your help... I'm going to shoot up to placerville to put a deposit down when I get the final word.
I'll have to cruise by when I'm in the neighborhood, and thanks again! To tell you the truth, I heard so many different things from so many different bike shops that it's ridiculous. It seems like the golden spoke is a good one.
Great news.... Rufus hase been in the business (sales rep for Specalized) for a long time and he will take good care of you. That shop is an "old vine" bike shop.

Hey, it's only 4 days wait and we have another week of rain in the forecast. You won't miss a thing.:D

lwedge said:
Great news.... Rufus hase been in the business (sales rep for Specalized) for a long time and he will take good care of you. That shop is an "old vine" bike shop.

Hey, it's only 4 days wait and we have another week of rain in the forecast. You won't miss a thing.:D

Yay! I love new bike stories with happy endings.

Freakin weather is eatin into my ride time too. What is it now, like 18 straight days of rain? Even my rain bike isn't getting used much.

DiabloScott said:
Yay! I love new bike stories with happy endings.

Freakin weather is eatin into my ride time too. What is it now, like 18 straight days of rain? Even my rain bike isn't getting used much.
The roads are so wet up here many of the paved roads are starting to develop sink holes and the roads are littered with asphalt fragments.

I have a Trek (2003) 7300FX that is unlike any other 7300FX that I have ever seen. The one I bought has traditional frame geometry, not a compact frame like most 72,73,7500's, it's really a great cross bike. I bought it so I could go out on the trails with my wife while she rides her horse. It works well as a rain bike but with the flat bars and stem I have on it I feel like main sail on a yacht in a head wind. I call it my Humvee.

lw