HELP! They don't have the bike I want in the right COLOR!!!

Eden: That mountain in Washington that had the reputation of Mt. Washington in Vermont:D is called Steptoe Butte. Charles Haney took an awsome photo of a guy climbing Steptoe on a Tri or TT bike ? and the ride and photo where featured in Bicycle magazine June or July of 2004.

Lw[/QUOTE]
Actually, Mt Washington is in New Hampshire. It is the highest point in New England (6,288 ft). Mt. Mansfield (4,393 ft) is Vermont's highest peak.

lwedge said:
Great news.... Rufus hase been in the business (sales rep for Specalized) for a long time and he will take good care of you. That shop is an "old vine" bike shop.

Hey, it's only 4 days wait and we have another week of rain in the forecast. You won't miss a thing.:D
Right right, Rufus was really nice, and got everything arranged for me. Looks like he's got a better handle on bike ordering than lots of other shops. I don't know what an "old vine" bike shop is, though. I did recommend this website to him, but he said he was too old to use the internet. To tell you the truth, I'm wondering where you guys ride up there, around shingle springs, placerville, el dorado hills, etc.
It turns out that the bike is on a freight ship right now, sitting in the harbor. The bike gets unloaded next thursday, and then shipped out... unless it has to go through customs, and then it'll be 2 weeks from now. I'm counting the days, and I'll keep you posted on the status.
Hasta luego, mi amigo!

Can't believe your first LBS didn't offer to get a blue one for you quickly. Obviously they must so many bikes they didn't need you as a customer. You did right not to compromise on color. As a major Taiwan producer, Specialized probably ships 100 blue Tarmacs a day all over the world. Why spend $2500 on a new bike if you can't get exactly what you want?

Hey

Is the "black" actually clear coat with carbon weave, if so I would definitely
go with the black, looks more technical. Also scrapes are easier to repair with some clear gloss arcylic, if your someone who worries about these things.

Touching up the blue would provide a color matching challenge.