Health Nutrition and Supplements · Public discussion

Help understanding percentages from calories

Started by jkemp9 · · Last activity · 1 post · 1,656 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Health Nutrition and Supplements
Published
29 June 2007
Last activity
29 June 2007
Original author
jkemp9
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,656
Views / 30 days
3

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm new to cycling and to nutrition specifics in general. I'm 20 and have played soccer, and have been, fit all my life but a knee injury quickly stopped that, I can't play for an hour without dislocating it. Anyway, said knee injury and living two semesters in a fraternity during recovery took a toll on my physique, hence getting into cycling. I've been reading a lot about nutrition on this forum and some suggested websites but I can't quite figure out how people are getting numbers like 50/30/20, carb/protein/fat. These are obviously percentages and I think they are percent of calories. Like, 50% of daily calories should be carbohydrates, 30% protein and so on.
    Someone please tell me if i'm doing this right: I have a meal shake that is 180 calories= 30g carbs, 9g protein, and 2g fat. Would this split be about 73/12/5 or am I way off? If i am right about that, then in order to get the 50/30/20 split would I need to eat more fat and protein with few carbs to balance it out?
    Thanks for any help

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.