Help. Urgent advice needed.

His favorite tax, naturally,
> is on the dead because they are no longer able to fight back.

In Chicago, the dead vote early and ofter. Why shouldn't they be taxed, too?

"Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Edward Dolan wrote:
>> Jeff Grippe is most likely engaged in manual labor and has no need of
>> showers. If he can't learn to post properly, how could he ever do
>> anything
>> that required any brains. No, Jeff Grippe is most likely engaged in sewer
>> work in the City of New York. Sewers are very important of course, but I
>> would think such work falls into the category of unskilled labor....

> Prevailing wage for a plumber on a public works project in New York
> City is $47.91/hour. I believe, even after adjusting for cost of living
> (all else being equal), a person earning that wage could afford to
> spend much more on recumbent bicycles and trikes than a community
> college librarian in Minnesota (assuming no significant unearned
> income).

Plumbers are more or less skilled labor. I picture Jeff Grippe as being
unskilled labor since he is too stupid to figure out how to post correctly.
Surely he is the man with the hoe or the pitchfork.

The way plumbers, electricians and other service people charge, I wish I had
gone into the lowly trades myself instead of wasting my life pursuing the
arts and sciences and becoming a Great Saint. Some of these damn kids who
mow lawns earn more than I ever did.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"Jeff Grippe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

<snip>

>When you are the ones lending the money you can wear whatever you want.
>
> Jeff

Now that you mention it, I don't seem to recall ever seeing a loan shark in
a business suit.

(just kidding of course)

"skip" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
<snip>

> Why should the government tax its citizens to put a shower in in a private
> business for your benefit?

<snip>

Ok Tom, aside from being slightly dyslexic I also have a slight stutter.
Are you gonna make fun of that too?

$kip wrote:
> "skip" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> <snip>
>

> > Why should the government tax its citizens to put a shower in in a private
> > business for your benefit?

> <snip>
>
> Ok Tom, aside from being slightly dyslexic I also have a slight stutter.
> Are you gonna make fun of that too?

No, I will stick to making fun of your belief that dead people need
money. ;)
--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

gotbent wrote:
> His favorite tax, naturally,
> > is on the dead because they are no longer able to fight back.
> >

> In Chicago, the dead vote early and ofter. Why shouldn't they be taxed, too?

Are you advocating a poll tax?
--

$kip wrote:
> "Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > The government should provide heavy tax incentives to provide secure
> > human powered vehicle (HPV) parking and showers for human powered
> > commuters. The lost revenue could be made up by taxing automotive
> > parking spaces, or better yet, and increased inheritance tax. I am sure
> > $kip would approve of the latter. ;)

> Why should the government tax its citizens to put a shower in in a private
> business for your benefit?

I would do much less damage to the "commons" if it were reasonable and
practical to ride a recumbent bicycle or trike to work. If the
government subsidizes motorized transport, why shouldn't do the same
for human powered transport?

An ISO 305-mm/406-mm wheelset lowracer in every garage!
--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley