Help w/ pedal platform

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by David Frantz, Feb 23, 2003.

  1. David Frantz

    David Frantz Guest

    Got a new bike. Came with Shimano m515 pedals, and LBS guy threw on a platform of some type which
    clips into one side. This lets you use the pedal with a regular shoe. Only problem is I can't get
    the platform off! I have tried numerous times to rotate it out, like you would rotate out your heel,
    but it goes nowhere. Any ideas?

    Dave (Who has decided to stop lurking and start posting)

    Tags:

  2. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "David Frantz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Got a new bike. Came with Shimano m515 pedals, and LBS guy threw on a platform of some type which
    > clips into one side. This lets you use the pedal with a regular shoe. Only problem is I can't get
    > the platform off!
    > have tried numerous times to rotate it out, like you would rotate out your heel, but it goes
    > nowhere. Any ideas?
    >
    > Dave (Who has decided to stop lurking and start posting)

    Insert a flat blade screwdriver in the slot where it clips into the pedal and pry up.

    Mike - welcome to the monkey house!