Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Help w/ replacing cage assembly on campy record der

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 3 posts · 573 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
12 June 2005
Last activity
13 June 2005
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
573
Views / 30 days
6
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. All,

    I've just got my replacement cage assembly and I'm having problems put
    it all back together. When all the pieces are put back together, there
    appears to be a bit a of gap (2mm) between the cage and the body. I can
    still push the cage into the body because of it. Noticing my working
    rear der on my other bike, there appears to be a tiny bit of play
    between the cage and the body but not the 2mm gap. I then remove the
    washer (which is coincidentally 2mm thick) and put it all back together
    again. This time, I tighten down the screw so that the assembly is snug
    against the body and then I back the screw out a bit so that there is a
    little bit of play. The problem with this is that while moving the cage
    back and forth, I notice the nut slowly loosening up and a gap starting
    to increase between the cage and the body. If I tighten down the screw,
    the cage will not move at all. All parts are 2003 for a record
    derailleur. I know the washer should be attached to the screw, but this
    seems to prevent the assembly from even getting anywhere close to the
    body. Anyhow, any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Ian in SD

  2. Quoted message said:

    All,

    I've just got my replacement cage assembly and I'm having problems put
    it all back together. When all the pieces are put back together, there
    appears to be a bit a of gap (2mm) between the cage and the body. I can
    still push the cage into the body because of it. Noticing my working
    rear der on my other bike, there appears to be a tiny bit of play
    between the cage and the body but not the 2mm gap. I then remove the
    washer (which is coincidentally 2mm thick) and put it all back together
    again. This time, I tighten down the screw so that the assembly is snug
    against the body and then I back the screw out a bit so that there is a
    little bit of play. The problem with this is that while moving the cage
    back and forth, I notice the nut slowly loosening up and a gap starting
    to increase between the cage and the body. If I tighten down the screw,
    the cage will not move at all. All parts are 2003 for a record
    derailleur. I know the washer should be attached to the screw, but this
    seems to prevent the assembly from even getting anywhere close to the
    body. Anyhow, any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Ian in SD

    Tough to fix with your description. Send it to me and I'll put it back
    together.

  3. Peter,

    I will be sending the parts to your business later today via FedEx. I
    was wondering how much to place on the check for labor and shipping
    charges ?

    Thanks again,

    Ian in SD

    Qui si parla Campagnolo said:
    Quoted message said:

    All,

    I've just got my replacement cage assembly and I'm having problems put
    it all back together. When all the pieces are put back together, there
    appears to be a bit a of gap (2mm) between the cage and the body. I can
    still push the cage into the body because of it. Noticing my working
    rear der on my other bike, there appears to be a tiny bit of play
    between the cage and the body but not the 2mm gap. I then remove the
    washer (which is coincidentally 2mm thick) and put it all back together
    again. This time, I tighten down the screw so that the assembly is snug
    against the body and then I back the screw out a bit so that there is a
    little bit of play. The problem with this is that while moving the cage
    back and forth, I notice the nut slowly loosening up and a gap starting
    to increase between the cage and the body. If I tighten down the screw,
    the cage will not move at all. All parts are 2003 for a record
    derailleur. I know the washer should be attached to the screw, but this
    seems to prevent the assembly from even getting anywhere close to the
    body. Anyhow, any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Ian in SD

    Tough to fix with your description. Send it to me and I'll put it back
    together.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.