Help Wanted! 9spd Veloce Shifting Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Daveh

I have just installed a new 9 speed Veloce group set on my son's bike. I thought I had done
everything properly, but have a problem with the shifting on the rear derailleur. No matter what
I do I can not get the positions of the Ergo levers to line up with the 9 speed cog. It seems
that it only takes about 8 clicks to cover the 9 speed cog spacing, so a few gears get missed out
on the way!

Has anyone any idea what I have done wrong?

Thanks, Dave

"DaveH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have just installed a new 9 speed Veloce group set on my son's bike. I thought I had done
> everything properly, but have a problem with the shifting on the rear derailleur. No matter what I
> do I can not get the positions of the Ergo levers to line up with the 9 speed cog. It seems that
> it only takes about 8 clicks to cover the 9 speed cog spacing, so a few gears get missed out on
> the way!
>
> Has anyone any idea what I have done wrong?

Make sure the cable is attached to the rear derailleur correctly. If you route the cable around the
wrong side of the retaining screw you can get this problem. It should go on the side closest to the
wheel. It's probably a long-shot but worth checking.

Craig.

david-<< I have just installed a new 9 speed Veloce group set on my son's bike. I thought I had done
everything properly, but have a problem with the shifting on the rear derailleur. No matter what I
do I can not get the positions of the Ergo levers to line up with the 9 speed cog. >><BR><BR>

Inner wire mounted below the rear der fixing bolt, under,not thru, the plate??

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

craig-<< Make sure the cable is attached to the rear derailleur correctly. If you route the cable
around the wrong side of the retaining screw you can get this problem. It should go on the side
closest to the wheel. It's probably a long-shot but worth checking. >><BR><BR>

hardly longshot. This, along with shimano small rings on backwards...iffa I had a dime for everytime
I see these two...vacation in Sicily!!

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

[email protected] (Qui si parla Campagnolo) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> david-<< I have just installed a new 9 speed Veloce group set on my son's bike. I thought I had
> done everything properly, but have a problem with the shifting on the rear derailleur. No matter
> what I do I can not get the positions of the Ergo levers to line up with the 9 speed cog.
> >><BR><BR>
>
> Inner wire mounted below the rear der fixing bolt, under,not thru, the plate??
>
>
>
> Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
> (303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Peter,

Got it first time!

Actually I had the cable on the wrong side of the bolt but I thought I had corrected it by putting
the wire on the other side. But it was on the wrong side of the tab! Third time lucky. Shifts like a
dream now.

Thanks for all your help everybody.

Regards, Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.