Help wanted.

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Roger Hunter, Mar 21, 2003.

  1. Roger Hunter

    Roger Hunter Guest

    Hello all,

    I'm a 49 year old gay man who wishes to partake of your exciting sport. I think I've kept myself in
    fair shape by running, but I feel the urge to slip into something colourful and tight that shows off
    my manly bulges. I've noted that cycling appears to be a sport populated by the vain and talentless,
    so I feel I'd fit right in. Point being, I'm going to need one of these bikey things. Can you tell
    me which one? And I'm sure that wheelsets are important - together with that old perennial, tubular
    vs clincher - so, advice please?

    Can you offer advice on how I should conduct myself in the peleton, surrounded by hot, sweaty,
    glistening bodies? Is it OK to 'make an approach' mid race? Is 'brake testing' an effective
    rebuttal? Does 'going down' on the tri bars signify 'an offer'? Tell me all, I need to know. The
    secret world of gay cycling MUST be mine.

    Later sweeties,

    Roger.

    Tags:

  2. > Later sweeties,

    We know you are well aware that the most important item in a bike is the seat, chosen to fit.

    Sergio Pisa

  3. "Roger Hunter" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > Hello all,
    >
    > I'm a 49 year old gay man who wishes to partake of your exciting sport. I think I've kept myself
    > in fair shape by running, but I feel the urge to slip into something colourful and tight that
    > shows off my manly bulges. I've noted that cycling appears to be a sport populated by the vain and
    > talentless, so I feel I'd fit right in. Point being, I'm going to need one of these bikey things.
    > Can you tell me which one? And I'm sure that wheelsets are important - together with that old
    > perennial, tubular vs clincher - so, advice please?
    >
    > Can you offer advice on how I should conduct myself in the peleton, surrounded by hot, sweaty,
    > glistening bodies? Is it OK to 'make an approach' mid race? Is 'brake testing' an effective
    > rebuttal? Does 'going down' on the tri bars signify 'an offer'? Tell me all, I need to know. The
    > secret world of gay cycling MUST be mine.
    >
    > Later sweeties,
    >

    > Roger.

  4. Roger Hunter

    Roger Hunter Guest

  5. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...

    >I'm a 49 year old gay man who wishes to partake of your exciting sport. I think I've kept myself in
    >fair shape by running, but I feel the urge to slip into something colourful and tight that shows
    >off my manly bulges. I've noted that cycling appears to be a sport populated by the vain and
    >talentless, so I feel I'd fit right in. Point being, I'm going to need one of these bikey things.
    >Can you tell me which one? And I'm sure that wheelsets are important - together with that old
    >perennial, tubular vs clincher - so, advice please?
    >
    >Can you offer advice on how I should conduct myself in the peleton, surrounded by hot, sweaty,
    >glistening bodies? Is it OK to 'make an approach' mid race? Is 'brake testing' an effective
    >rebuttal? Does 'going down' on the tri bars signify 'an offer'? Tell me all, I need to know. The
    >secret world of gay cycling MUST be mine.

    Try rec.bicycles.marketplace or rec.bicycles.tech .
    -----------------
    Alex __O _-\<,_ (_)/ (_)

  6. On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:27:00 -0500, Alex Rodriguez wrote:
    >Try rec.bicycles.marketplace or rec.bicycles.tech . =20

    Or indeed, www.homo.com.

  7. Danny Callen

    Danny Callen Guest

    "Roger Hunter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I'm a 49 year old gay man who wishes to partake of your exciting sport. I think I've kept myself
    > in fair shape by running, but I feel the urge to
    slip
    > into something colourful and tight that shows off my manly bulges. I've noted that cycling appears
    > to be a sport populated by the vain and talentless, so I feel I'd fit right in. Point being, I'm
    > going to need
    one
    > of these bikey things. Can you tell me which one? And I'm sure that wheelsets are important -
    > together with that old perennial, tubular vs clincher - so, advice please?
    >
    > Can you offer advice on how I should conduct myself in the peleton, surrounded by hot, sweaty,
    > glistening bodies? Is it OK to 'make an approach' mid race? Is 'brake testing' an effective
    > rebuttal? Does 'going down' on the tri bars signify 'an offer'? Tell me all, I need to know. The
    > secret world of gay cycling MUST be mine.
    >
    > Later sweeties,
    >

    > Roger.

    Oh come on Henry, we see you hiding behind that "Mens Fitness" magazine...

    Danny Callen

  8. My child,

    There's nothing to be afraid of in the peloton. Cycling is a gay and carefree sport. Being a "happy
    cyclist" is perfectly normal.

    Yes, the outfits are lovely. Big, muscular, clean shaven legs...tights buns...skinny arms...square
    jaws...now you know why an old padre like me enjoys hanging out at the races.

    There's no secret about it, my son...cycling is a happy sport for all mens to enjoy. Come into my
    confessional and we can talk about happy cycling in de tail. I have one condition - you must be open
    with Father Guido. Okay?

    Fr. Guido

  9. "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Roger Hunter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:b5eh60[email protected]...
    > > Hello all,
    > >
    > > I'm a 49 year old gay man who wishes to partake of your exciting sport.
    > > think I've kept myself in fair shape by running, but I feel the urge to
    > slip
    > > into something colourful and tight that shows off my manly bulges.
    I've
    > > noted that cycling appears to be a sport populated by the vain and talentless, so I feel I'd fit
    > > right in. Point being, I'm going to need
    > one
    > > of these bikey things. Can you tell me which one? And I'm sure that wheelsets are important -
    > > together with that old perennial, tubular vs clincher - so, advice please?
    > >
    > > Can you offer advice on how I should conduct myself in the peleton, surrounded by hot, sweaty,
    > > glistening bodies? Is it OK to 'make an approach' mid race? Is 'brake testing' an effective
    > > rebuttal? Does 'going down' on the tri bars signify 'an offer'? Tell me all, I need
    > > know. The secret world of gay cycling MUST be mine.
    > >
    > > Later sweeties,
    > >

    > > Roger.
    > >

    > Oh come on Henry, we see you hiding behind that "Mens Fitness" magazine...
    >
    > Danny Callen

    Damn, you're getting as big a False Finger as Stevie. Check the IP addresses.

  10. Danny Callen

    Danny Callen Guest

    > "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Roger Hunter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Hello all,
    > > >
    > > > I'm a 49 year old gay man who wishes to partake of your exciting
    sport.
    > > > think I've kept myself in fair shape by running, but I feel the urge
    > > slip
    > > > into something colourful and tight that shows off my manly bulges.
    > I've
    > > > noted that cycling appears to be a sport populated by the vain and talentless, so I feel I'd
    > > > fit right in. Point being, I'm going to
    need
    > > one
    > > > of these bikey things. Can you tell me which one? And I'm sure
    that
    > > > wheelsets are important - together with that old perennial, tubular vs clincher - so, advice
    > > > please?
    > > >
    > > > Can you offer advice on how I should conduct myself in the peleton, surrounded by hot, sweaty,
    > > > glistening bodies? Is it OK to 'make an approach' mid race? Is 'brake testing' an effective
    > > > rebuttal? Does 'going down' on the tri bars signify 'an offer'? Tell me all, I need
    > > > know. The secret world of gay cycling MUST be mine.
    > > >
    > > > Later sweeties,
    > > >

    > > > Roger.
    > > >

    > > Oh come on Henry, we see you hiding behind that "Mens Fitness"
    magazine...

    > > Danny Callen
    >

    > Damn, you're getting as big a False Finger as Stevie. Check the IP addresses.

    uhmmm... I was just kidding Henry, I knew it wasn't you; it's not your style..

    Danny Callen