Help - What's This?

Grenouil

Guest
I found this in a box of bits inherited from my father-in-law. It fits a bottle cage mount, but is
too small for a bottle - measures 5cm across the metal bracket. My best guess is that it's designed
to carry a tubular tire, or maybe a folding clincher - can anyone identify it?

http://bellsouthpwp.net/k/a/kaeru41/What_Is_It.jpg

Thanks.......

Its obviously to hold your cell phone.

"Grenouil" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I found this in a box of bits inherited from my father-in-law. It fits a bottle cage mount, but is
> too small for a bottle - measures 5cm across the metal bracket. My best guess is that it's
> designed to carry a tubular
tire,
> or maybe a folding clincher - can anyone identify it?
>
> http://bellsouthpwp.net/k/a/kaeru41/What_Is_It.jpg
>
> Thanks.......

It looks like a bottlecage for an aerobottle, like these:
http://www.campyonly.com/images/catalogs/1991/91bottles.jpg

"Grenouil" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I found this in a box of bits inherited from my father-in-law. It fits a bottle cage mount, but is
> too small for a bottle - measures 5cm across the metal bracket. My best guess is that it's
> designed to carry a tubular tire, or maybe a folding clincher - can anyone identify it?
>
> http://bellsouthpwp.net/k/a/kaeru41/What_Is_It.jpg
>
> Thanks.......

"Grenouil" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I found this in a box of bits inherited from my father-in-law. It fits a bottle cage mount, but is
> too small for a bottle - measures 5cm across the metal bracket. My best guess is that it's
> designed to carry a tubular tire, or maybe a folding clincher - can anyone identify it?
>
> http://bellsouthpwp.net/k/a/kaeru41/What_Is_It.jpg
>
> Thanks.......

It's a bottle cage for an "aero" water bottle, circa 1985. They were available from Campy and
Shimano and a few other manufacturers. I'd *guess* that you have one made by Miche. Useless unless
you have the bottle that fits it.

Jeff

"Grenouil" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I found this in a box of bits inherited from my father-in-law. It fits a bottle cage mount, but is
> too small for a bottle - measures 5cm across the metal bracket. My best guess is that it's
> designed to carry a tubular
tire,
> or maybe a folding clincher - can anyone identify it?
>
> http://bellsouthpwp.net/k/a/kaeru41/What_Is_It.jpg

It's a bottle cage for an Aero Bottle. Both Shimano and Campagnolo, inter alia, made these in the
early 1980s.

"Grenouil" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I found this in a box of bits inherited from my father-in-law. It fits a bottle cage mount, but is
> too small for a bottle - measures 5cm across the metal bracket. My best guess is that it's
> designed to carry a tubular
tire,
> or maybe a folding clincher - can anyone identify it?
>
> http://bellsouthpwp.net/k/a/kaeru41/What_Is_It.jpg
>
> Thanks.......

Appreciate all the responses - now all I need to do is to locate a suitable bottle - or maybe not -
they sorta remind me of the receptacle you use in hospital when you can't get out of bed........

Thanks....