Help wiith tire

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by schw9883, May 4, 2003.

  1. schw9883

    schw9883 Guest

    I am replacing my cont grand prix 700X20. I cannot get the last part of the tire over the tim. I
    have blisters on both thumbs and the heels ofmy hand. I tried rolling and am not close. Any
    suggestions?

    Thanks, Ken

    Tags:

  2. J999w

    J999w Guest

    Tire irons or (gasp) screw driver?

    jw

  3. Sparks

    Sparks Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I am replacing my cont grand prix 700X20. I cannot get the last part of the tire over the tim. I
    > have blisters on both thumbs and the heels ofmy hand. I tried rolling and am not close. Any
    > suggestions?

    take a candle (or other hard wax) and rub the wax around the inside edge of the tire...this will
    help it slip over the rim.

    ________________________________

    Remove S.P.A.M in email adddress Climb <at> mac <dot> com

  4. <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > I am replacing my cont grand prix 700X20. I cannot get the last part of the tire over the tim. I
    > have blisters on both thumbs and the heels ofmy hand. I tried rolling and am not close. Any
    > suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks, Ken

    Ride 23s.

  5. schw-<< I am replacing my cont grand prix 700X20. I cannot get the last part of the tire over the
    tim. I have blisters on both thumbs and the heels ofmy hand .<< Any suggestions?

    700 by 23 or 25-the 20c tires does nothing but make it hard to get on.