Bike buying advice · Public discussion

Help with a couple vintage bikes please

Started by GABAjunkie · · Last activity · 2 posts · 1,539 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike buying advice
Published
18 June 2007
Last activity
22 June 2007
Original author
GABAjunkie
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,539
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hey, I would love to buy a new road bike but am considering buyin a vintage to get a taste and see if I like it.
    I'm 5'4'' so comin across a used road bike isn't easy! I have found a couple local bikes I think may fit me. If anyone could give me some advice on whether these bikes would be decent or not I would greatly appreciate it! I understand some upgrading would be necessary. That worst thing IMO would be having the shifters on the down tubes.

    Here is some specs on a couple bikes I've found:

    52cm (20.5"😉 Centurion Lemans RS 14 speed road bike
    *Tange 2 lugged frame/Tange Mangaloy lugged fork
    Drivetrain
    *Shimano 600 (Ultegra) crankset 170mm 53/39
    *Shimano sealed bottom bracket
    *Shimano front derailleur
    *Shimano 105 rear derailleur
    *Shimano 7spd cluster (freewheel)
    *Shimano downtube shifters
    *Shimano 105 pedals (toeclips)
    Wheels/tires/brakes
    *Suzue front/Shimano 105 rear hub 32 hole
    *700c clincher rims
    *Specialized Turbo R tires
    *Shimano 105 SLR brakeset
    Bars/Stem/headset
    *Modolo 40cm Anatomic bars
    *Modolo 90mm stem
    *Shimano 105 headset
    Misc
    *Campagnolo seatpost
    *Vetta saddle
    *Corktape
    *2 bottle cages
    Notes:
    Bike is in very good physical condition and excellent operating condition.

    The other bike:

    19"Frame Schwinn LeTour road bike. Nice Quality bike for the money
    Bargain $165 for Quick sale - need the space.

    Thats all the info this person gave. Pic looked good though.

    Thanks!!!🙂

  2. Thanks for all the help guys! Not, lol! I've decided to buy a new Trek 1000.🙂

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.