Help With Ambrosio Roulette Disc Wheel...what's it made of??

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Coppi, Feb 20, 2003.

  1. Coppi

    Coppi Guest

    I'm wondering if anyone can tell me about the construction of the Ambrosio Roulette rear disc wheel.
    Is this something worth owning for track use, or is it archaic technology?

    Thanks! Troy

    Troy A. Coleman University of Washington Sustainable Resource Science [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. Jon Isaacs

    Jon Isaacs Guest

    >I'm wondering if anyone can tell me about the construction of the Ambrosio Roulette rear disc
    >wheel. Is this something worth owning for track use, or is it archaic technology?
    >
    >Thanks! Troy

    Not quite sure exactly what wheel this one is. But since you mention archaic technology, it is
    possible that it is an old disk wheel similar to this one:

    http://www.sheldonbrown.com/rinard/wheel/wheel63.jpg

    This wheel makes a nice flywheel at 2500 grams but I don't recommend it for anything but a novelity.

    Jon Isaacs

  3. Almost Fast

    Almost Fast Guest

    My Roulette, a flat disc, appears to be some kind of plastic (formica?) over foam core.

    A little heavy perhaps, but emminently useful on the track nonetheless: on the flip side from the
    freewheel threads, it's got genuine track threads (including the lock ring threads!) *and* you can
    install a genuine Campy track axle with real track nuts, too!

    news:<[email protected]>...