Help with bike year [cannondale H800]

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by ~, Apr 25, 2004.

  1. ~

    ~ Guest

    Just curious / I bought a used cannondale H800. WHAT YEAR IS IT? Anybody
    know?
    Plz have a look at http://www.solty.neostrada.pl/

    Comment wanted ;-)
    Thanks. ~mic

    Tags:

  2. Dan Birchall

    Dan Birchall Guest

    [email protected] ([email protected]) wrote:
    > Just curious / I bought a used cannondale H800. WHAT YEAR IS IT? Anybody
    > know?

    The "H" naming gave way a few years ago to the "Road Warrior" and
    "Silk Path" naming. Cannondale's web site shows European models
    for the last few years, and US models since 1997, and nowhere in
    those time frames was there an "H800" anywhere. "Road Warrior 800,"
    yes, more recently, but those have the "quad-wrap" decals that
    2002-and-later models use.

    My wife's 1997 US H300 has a CAAD1 Hybrid frame; at that point,
    the H500 and H700 had CAAD2 Hybrid frames. I don't think there
    was ever a CAAD3 Hybrid frame, so the CAAD2 was top-end for
    suspensionless hybrids. Since frame technology "trickles down"
    to the lower-end models, the H800 would have had CAAD2 before
    the H700. A little bit of googling indicates (to me) that the
    "H800" designation was in use around 1993-1994, possibly a year
    or so earlier or later.

    So you may have a 10-year-old bike. That's not old at all for
    a Cannondale. My '88 SR500 was 10 before it lost that argument
    with the Oldsmobile; my current '98 XR800 is 6 already.

    -Dan

    --
    Dan Birchall, Hilo HI - http://dan.birchalls.net/ - images, words, technology