Help with choosing a bike

tsomo2000

Jul 16, 2007
Hi All

Currently i live approx 1.5 miles from work, the daily commute is a joke really, therefore i was thinking about buying a road bike to get to and from work. I dont see myself of becoming and enthusiast anytime soon, but would like to go out on the bike during the weekend, and when the weather is half decent (not snowing or monsooning).

From looking around at various different shops/websites buying a bike seems like a bit of a minefield, so many to choose from...hybrids, road bikes etc and with price ranges starting from £100 (halfords gash) to £3000...!

I have no idea how much to spend...£500? or is that too much to start off with, i would rather spend a bit more money if the bike is to last me longer. I am reletively fit, i do spinning classes 3 times a week, and run when ever i can.

The next question is to what bike to buy, road bikes seem the most logical...the fastest and lightest, plus you can do decent milage on them, however you cant take them off road (however im not expecting to go off road!!).

Any advice would be greatly appriciated!!

Cheers

Tsomo2000

Hi why not get a hybrid if you are only going 1.5 miles you could ride in comfort.

muddy88yj said:
Hi why not get a hybrid if you are only going 1.5 miles you could ride in comfort.
Yes, I fully agree there. Even a mountain bike with road tyres will be comfy and fast enough for the task.