Help with disc brakes

cwilliams255

Apr 22, 2006
I have a problem with an avid juicy 7 disc brake and am looking for some help. Currently when i pull the lever the pads bite the disc but if i keep the lever pulled it continues to get closer and closer to the bar until it touches. Upon releasing the lever it returns to normal and upon pulling the same happens again. I've tried bleeding the brakes but this doesn't appear to help. I havn't had much experience with hydrolic brakes so my bleed might not have worked 100%, but i have tried it a couple of times. Hope someone can help

Chris

cwilliams255 said:
I have a problem with an avid juicy 7 disc brake and am looking for some help. Currently when i pull the lever the pads bite the disc but if i keep the lever pulled it continues to get closer and closer to the bar until it touches. Upon releasing the lever it returns to normal and upon pulling the same happens again. I've tried bleeding the brakes but this doesn't appear to help. I havn't had much experience with hydrolic brakes so my bleed might not have worked 100%, but i have tried it a couple of times. Hope someone can help

Chris

sounds like you have air in the system or a leak somewhere. have you checked that all the bindings are not leaking? Is the hose brand new or could it have been damaged? If you shortened the hose did you use new olives?

theres air in it or could be the lever pistons seal. when you pull them do they seem very powerfull at all?