Help With Famous Anatomical Location Required

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Paul Seaton, Jan 24, 2004.

  1. Paul Seaton

    Paul Seaton Guest

    Hi

    I am looking for as many qualified opinions as possible as to the language that would / should /
    could be used to describe the location of this bone defect in a human skull :

    http://www.chaingangcharlie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/jfk/Dox/dox_post_pt.jpg

    ( Imagine you are trying to convey this location to another doctor over the telephone )

    This relates to a well known case, but I'd rather just get the opinions than any discussion of
    that case :)

    Thanks in advance,

    Paul Seaton

    reply here or to

    [email protected]

    ( remove RMV for valid email)

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Paul Seaton" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I am looking for as many qualified opinions as possible as to the language that would / should /
    > could be used to describe the location of this bone defect in a human skull :
    >
    > http://www.chaingangcharlie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/jfk/Dox/dox_post_pt.jpg
    >
    > ( Imagine you are trying to convey this location to another doctor over the telephone )
    >
    > This relates to a well known case, but I'd rather just get the opinions than any discussion of
    > that case :)
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Paul Seaton
    >
    > reply here or to
    >
    > [email protected]
    >
    > ( remove RMV for valid email)

    This lesion was very well described before:

    Damasio H, Grabowski T, Frank R, Galaburda AM, Damasio AR. The return of Phineas Gage: clues about
    the brain from the skull of a famous patient. Science. 1994 May 20; 264(5162): 1102-5. Erratum in:
    Science 1994 Aug 26;265(5176):1159.