Help With Famous Anatomical Location Required

Paul Seaton

Guest
Hi

I am looking for as many qualified opinions as possible as to the language that would / should /
could be used to describe the location of this bone defect in a human skull :

http://www.chaingangcharlie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/jfk/Dox/dox_post_pt.jpg

( Imagine you are trying to convey this location to another doctor over the telephone )

This relates to a well known case, but I'd rather just get the opinions than any discussion of
that case :)

Thanks in advance,

Paul Seaton

reply here or to

[email protected]

( remove RMV for valid email)

In article <[email protected]>,
"Paul Seaton" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am looking for as many qualified opinions as possible as to the language that would / should /
> could be used to describe the location of this bone defect in a human skull :
>
> http://www.chaingangcharlie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/jfk/Dox/dox_post_pt.jpg
>
> ( Imagine you are trying to convey this location to another doctor over the telephone )
>
> This relates to a well known case, but I'd rather just get the opinions than any discussion of
> that case :)
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Paul Seaton
>
> reply here or to
>
> [email protected]
>
> ( remove RMV for valid email)

This lesion was very well described before:

Damasio H, Grabowski T, Frank R, Galaburda AM, Damasio AR. The return of Phineas Gage: clues about
the brain from the skull of a famous patient. Science. 1994 May 20; 264(5162): 1102-5. Erratum in:
Science 1994 Aug 26;265(5176):1159.